1970 365GT 2+2 in Annandale on ebay | FerrariChat

1970 365GT 2+2 in Annandale on ebay

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by StanT, Nov 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
  2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #2 El Wayne, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Chassis 13157:

- Sold new through Chinetti to Charles Farmer Causey of Macon, GA, who took delivery at the factory.
    - 03/25/1977: Sold by Causey to Dr. M. Wilson Eastland III of Lexington, KY through Fong's Inc., Atlanta, GA. Silver or silver-blue with black leather at the time.
    - 01/31/2014: For sale by Peter Kumar/Gullwing Motor Cars, Astoria, NY. Non-matching engine (12685). Red with black leather. Asking price $149,500.
    - 00/00/2015: For sale by Driver Source, Houston, TX. Non-matching engine (12685). Red with black leather. Asking price $198,500 (negotiable).

By the way, the description in this eBay listing was lifted, word for word, from the Driver Source ad.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Looks like it would make a nice, fun driver.

4. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    I asked him through ebay

Could you please provide more information on its history, service records, your ownership of it, etc. such as the other 1970 Queen Mother, item #121811830113? Do you have manuals, tools, etc.?
    I live in NOVA too. Does either FOW or Competizione know this car?
    Thanks,
    Stan

His response

sorry i dont have much history. i bought the car from driversource about 4 months ago. dont have manual or tools but ferrparts does. yes i'm sure all the normal ferrari history orgs know the car.

i am selling this one and a 330 because they dont fit my rebody plans. i have a 58 TR, 59 TR, 57 625 TRC, 275 GTB competition speciale, GTO and a couple dozen bugatti, delahaye, duesenberg rebodies mostly on originals.
    trying to wind down my rebodies so these two are expendable and quite cheaper than the normal ferrari houses.

this car is in Texas by the way.
    hope this helps

5. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Interesting. I'd love to know how he defines a "rebody on original" car. I'm not sure what that means.

Also why's it listed in VA if it's actually in TX?

6. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I just took another look, and that listing's been removed.

7. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    The bidding got to $170,100 Friday afternoon, about 5 hours before the auction closed. Now, Saturday morning, it says "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing".

Sounds less than upright to me. If he made a deal to sell outside eBay, avoiding paying eBay fees, he could have just said it was sold locally. If there was an error he should re-list it with the error corrected. I don't expect to see that.