Slot track | FerrariChat

Slot track

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by rcraig, Nov 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #1 rcraig, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well my divorce is finally over and looking at a big move I am forced to sell my giant slot car track.
    Some of you have seen it and raced on it but for those that haven't pic are in the thread in the for sale section of FChat.
    Don't even know what the value is. but most tell me they haven't seen anything like it . It took Josh and I 4 years to finish is and includes dozens of cars.
    Spred the word if you know anyone that might have an interest.

Thanks

I only put it on this thread because a bunch of you regulars from the area have played on it or talked about it over the years.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Wow! What an awesome looking track Bob. It's a shame that you have to sell it. You and Josh did an excellent job putting it together.

Would love to see more detailed photos of it. :)

GLWS

Bill P.

3. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Thanks Bill.
    It breaks my heart to have to get rid of it, but a divorce gives me no choice. That's why I'm trying to find someone that would want to use and enjoy it as much as Josh and I did.
    Thanks

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Unbelievable!!! Man that is super cool!!! Well done!!

I am sorry you must sell it, however, I can only imagine a lot of great hours were spent bonding with your son as a result and that has NO price tag!!

5. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    What a fabulous layout! Don't laugh at this suggestion, but here's a thought......could it be donated to the Boys/Girls Club? Imagine the fun they might have with it!

6. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Thanks Robert and Gerry. It was a labor of love and a great time.
    I will explore many ideas if no one wants to buy it, but in the end it is gonna kill me to have to get rid of it .

7. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Although the idea of donating it to a boys/girls club is a great idea! I'd hate to say it, but I think those kids would trash it.

The beauty of something like this is that this was a father and son project. Something they played with and enjoyed together. I don't know Josh personally, but I'm sure his father taught him to not only enjoy this, but to also respect it. Not to go trashing the cars and letting them fly off the track smashing onto the floor. Like Bob said, "it was a labor of love." It's also a work of art and a passion they both shared.

I wish I could buy it and share it with my son. But I have no idea how much this would cost, nor would I want to offend Bob with all the work he and Josh put into this!

Bill P.

8. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    WOW!!!that thing is awesome.

9. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    How would you move that?

10. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    Damn! Man after my own heart.

Put it up here:

Buy/Sell Marketplace. - Slot Car Illustrated Forum

Tough to sell the entire set-up unless they are local. Also, what is the power supply?

I would say depending on condition, and assuming those are Fly 1/32 might get $35-$75 per car based on rarity. Some of that scenery would sell well, too.

You might be left with the plastic track if someone doesn't want the whole deal.

Good luck!

11. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Moving it is the problem. It is built in 4 sections with a 2x4 frame and casters on each section. The plastic Sccalextric track is able to come apart and removed, and put back together later. The wiring is all done per section and then jumped together. I think it is run on at least 2or 3 larger transformers. It's quite a production and if I can't sell it, I'll have to take it all apart and sell it individually on eBay or something.

12. AaronMeisner

AaronMeisner Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2014
    Baltimore MD USA
    Full Name:
    Aaron Meisner
    You may want to reach out to the Chesapeake Region Porsche Club. They have a big slot car event every year and may be ready for an upgrade.