Algar Ferrari in Bryn Mawr PA | FerrariChat

Algar Ferrari in Bryn Mawr PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by jrdefeo, Dec 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jrdefeo

jrdefeo Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    chicago, il
    Full Name:
    john d
    Need some advice from the group: I recently moved to PA and thinking about buying my next 'fun' car soon. Only dealer around me is Algar. I know the ownership transitioned a few years ago and I'm hearing mixed reviews on the dealership since then. Can y'all help me with recent experiences on both the sales and services front please?
    Many thanks!

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

If you want a new one, then you're locked in to Algar, as Ferrari sets pretty tough rules for their dealers selling outside of their territory.

If you're buying used, well, all options are available to you.

Francis is still there as sales manager, and most of the sales staff look to be the same as when I bought there. Service manager is excellent as well.

I'm a little troubled that the owner only shows himself and his first name on their website, that's a little odd, but Algar has been there for a long time, and the folks who are there are long term employees.

If I was looking for another Ferrari, I'd call them first, and I live in Florida now. (Of course, I'd be buying used, not new, but I still would trust Francis to do right by me.)

Dave M

3. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I have not purchased a car there but I have all my sports cars serviced there. It is a well run shop and Mike the service manager is excellent.

4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Aleks Vekselberg.

5. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    There may be a reason he doesnt publicly post his last name.
    In of 2012 Bloomberg listed his father as the richest man in Russia.

6. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    I've read positive review of the dealership

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

7. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    I purchased a 2008 F430 from Algar a few years back. I also sold Algar my 458 about a year ago. These guys are great to deal with. Francis, Patrick and Tony Palmer are who I dealt with on the transactions, all easy and straight forward folks. The transporter guy that delivers and picks up the cars is good as well!

8. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    In May of this year I purchased a Mercedes McLaren SLR Roadster from Algar that was there on consignment. The transaction was swift and smooth. My contact at Algar was Francis, a totally stand up guy. When refurbing the minor curb rash on two wheels was taking too much time, he deducted the cost of getting them fixed from the purchase price so I could just take the car and get the work done myself. The original owner of the SLR said he had the spare key, but couldn't ever come up with it. Francis sent me a check for a new spare key ($1,150!). The battery tender went missing between the time I looked at the car and when I came back to drive it home. Francis sent me a new one.

9. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I bought a Maserati GranSport from Tony Palmer back in 2008. Had a great experience w/ Algar as well!

10. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Small dollar thing made me wonder... I needed a oil filter for my TR...Looked at all the normal F-part suppliers. Then saw an ebay ad for the cheapest filter I ever saw....genuine Ferrari part.......Algar. Looks like they are thinking outside the box

11. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I purchased 2 new Ferrari's from Algar. Traded one in for the second one and they sold the second one for me outright.

All transactions were professional and transparent. I lease my DD from other dealers and I can state without reservation the team at Algar is as good as it gets.

12. Rainmaker Ferrari

Jun 21, 2011
    Lansdale PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Pm me and I can give you straight

13. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank

Story I heard was the richest guy in Russia bought it for his son to run which is who you see pictured.

14. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    Bingo!!!