Road trip to Amelia Island! | FerrariChat

Road trip to Amelia Island!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Brad308QV, Feb 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brad308QV

Brad308QV Rookie

Jan 2, 2010
    Salisbury, MD
    Full Name:
    Brad Phillips
    #1 Brad308QV, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There is a group forming of people driving down to the Concours on Wednesday, March 9th. My 308 is still in Arizona from Scottsdale, but I am going to drive my XKE. I think we will have representation from the Mercedes Club, perhaps another Ferrari or two (maybe more?) and others for the drive. The basic schedule seems to be shaping up this way: I'm going to take a group from my house on the Eastern Shore south and then across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, through Norfolk/VA Beach area, and then across to Emporia, VA. About 11:00am, we should have the group from Northern Virginia/DC meeting us there, and we go in a convoy to our destination of Wilmington, NC that evening. We have the offer of a visit to a couple of car collections and a Road Trip Reception in our honor there. (There will be a shop available that night for any repairs or adjustments that are able to be made en route.) We will get up and roll to Amelia Island in the morning on the 10th, arriving after lunch, or thereabouts.

This is all just a fun group of car owners who realized we would all rather go as a group and have some fun, there's nothing professionally organized about this other than what I have stated above. I'm just organizing it loosely and keeping the cats herded!

Anyone who wants to go, classic car or not, let me know. Anyone is welcome.

WARNING: Waffle House restaurants will not be avoided! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Safe travels! Have fun, and if you have not been to the Concours there, you WILL have an excellent time and see some amazing machinery!!!

Enjoy, sounds like a great time!

3. Brad308QV

Brad308QV Rookie

Jan 2, 2010
    Salisbury, MD
    Full Name:
    Brad Phillips
    Yes, I go every year and it's always one of the best events in the country. Thanks!