Reading Concours D'elegance | FerrariChat

Reading Concours D'elegance

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by bjferrari, Feb 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjferrari

bjferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Just got my FCA spring newsletter in the mail yesterday and it looks like the Ferrari Concours is back at the Reading Country Club this year!!! May 22nd, Can't wait!

2. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Outstanding!! Met so many wonderful people there. Great automobiles too.

3. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    awesome news!!!!!

4. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    That is good news!

5. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I agree, this is great news!
    The best part about this show is the drive from Algar to Reading CC.

6. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    how can I get on the list or is it invite only?

7. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It use to be $20 at the gate or $0 for FCA members

8. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Make it the entire day and stay for the dinner and presentation ceremony.

9. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Registration doesn't open until April. If you are entering your car in the judged concours, or want dinner, you have to register in advance. An invitation is definitely not needed. I think you can show up and pay at the gate (if there is a fee at all) if you just want to walk the field and look at cars. The Penn-Jersey Region FCA website is down now, but check this thread in April. I'm sure there will be renewed activity once registration opens. You should plan on going. It is a very nice event with lots of cars.

10. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Don't think my 348 is ready to be judged this april but very soon. Doing what I need to get things done with it. I might bring it anyway to be shown just not judged. Thanks for the info!

11. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Frank,
    Please bring your 348 to this event.
    Even if you dont want it judged people will still enjoy looking at how beautiful your Ferrari is.

Not to sound sappy but 5 years ago I went there with my son that was 10 yrs old at the time. I wasnt an owner yet but my son and I just loved looking at Ferraris.
    We spent the whole day there and at one point came across a very nice black Mondial Cabriolet. The owner ask if my son would like to sit in the car as I took a photo. We were appreciative and I took a photo of my son and that made his day.
    The owner of the Mondial was Joe Zaffarese. I will never forget his friendly demeanor and his graciousness. I am now a Ferrari owner and I always extend that same gesture to others that bring children to the show. There are other guys that do the same too.
    The point I am making is bring your 348. Everyone will enjoy it!

12. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    If you think your 348 is close to getting enough points for an award, you might benefit from having it judged now. After the event, I think you can get a copy of the judges' scoring sheets. You could then use them to concentrate your efforts on remediating the identified deficiencies and perhaps get to trophy time sooner and with a more efficient use of resources.

13. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #13 Fmuto42, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    You know, I have no idea if she would win an award or not. She's in great shape and I'm in the process of making it period correct with some new stuff (radio and amps in the bonnet) but it might be worth it for them to point out what I know and don't. This next 4 weeks will be key in getting what I need in for parts and installed and the paint getting buffed as it has a few scratches from transport.

Just saw its in late May. That's a great thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank

Dom...I couldn't agree more. I bought this car at 37 because I am a car guy. Always have. Always will. Since I was a kid collecting 1/18th scale cars. The best part is looking back at the collection I still have today and how what I've owned was influenced by that collection. The 348 was one of them. Either way I think I'm gonna do my best to attend. I'll have to look at when it is again. Hopefully a Sunday.

15. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe

I'm sincerely touched.

It means a lot coming from someone as kind and generous as you.

Keep sharing the f-car passion :)

16. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011

That's awesome.
    He's now almost old enough to drive it. :)

17. mdsassaman

mdsassaman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Sassaman
    Yes, The PA Ferrari Concourse D' Elegance is returning to the Reading Country Club near Reading, PA. The date is May 22, 2016.

To register contact Barry Cross at 215-880-0250 see the flyer at http://www.fca-newengland.org/repository/files/2016PennFerrariConcoursNat_Ad.pdf

All Cars on the field will need to be pre-registered. The dinner and Awards Ceremony is included in your registration. There will be a cost for entrance if you are not registered. Only pre-registered cars will be judged.

Cars should all be on the field before 10AM. There will be vendors inn a large tent and dealer displays in other large tents.

18. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I had a similar experience with my son before I was an owner. Glad to see you return the gesture to other kids

I always let kids sit in my car and take pictures ...

19. Green308GTSi

Green308GTSi Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    On May 22, 2016 the Penn-Jersey Region of the Ferrari Club of American is returning the Pennsylvania Concours d'Elegance back to the Reading Club after visiting the Simeone Automotive Museum in Philadelphia last year. This is the second annual PA concours which is hosted by the FCA Penn-Jersey Region following 30 years of concours being hosted by Pietro Castiglione.

This year the Testarosa is the featured model and Jay Koka was commissioned to create the concours poster. These posters will not available to the general public and only first 100 Ferraris to register will receive one. There is a "early bird special' offer for registrations received no latter than May 1, 2016, your poster will be personally signed by the artist with you name on it. There can be no exceptions to the date due to shipping requirements.

Ticket prices $75 for FCA members if paid before May 1, 1018 and $95 after that and $95.00 & $115 for non FCA members. Join the club & save some money.
    For more information and registration forms contact Barry Cross;

[email protected] or 215-880-0250

20. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    What is the last day to register ?

21. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    If you want you car to be judged, please don't wait to the last minute.

22. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    #22 Green308GTSi, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    But you did not answer the question. People may not be able to plan quite yet and want to know what the drop dead date is. Fair question.

24. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    For judging May17. While it is a fair question, it hurts us for planning purposes and ordering meals.

25. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank

Barry....what is a brief overview of the day. I got my 348 not long ago and would like to see what kind of a score I may get and have a good time meeting everyone.

Thanks,

Frank