Where do you get your tires mounted? | FerrariChat

Where do you get your tires mounted?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by colamclean, Feb 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    I am about to buy new tires for my Maranello. I would appreciate any recommended installers in northern Virginia. Thanks!

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    FOW or Competizione.

3. Rob in Potomac

Rob in Potomac Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Potomac, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Competizione or Radial Tires in Silver Spring (but often long wait). For my GT3, I buy from Radial Tires and have Porsche of Tysons Corner mount - same time as they do Track Tech inspection.

4. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I would try Motorcars Washington. I'm pretty sure they have all the equipment as they are always working on ALOT of Ferrari's whenever I go by....

5. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    +1 I agree with Robert on this one! :)

Bill P.

6. colamclean

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I appreciate them.

7. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    FOW is fine, reasonable and most convenient for you. Usually quick in my experience, and plenty to do while you wait.

8. colamclean

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    That's what I was thinking, Bob. Nice to be able to drool over there inventory while you wait... Much easier for me to get to than Competizione, too. Thanks.

9. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Got your TPMS sensors? You don't want to buy those from Ferrari. When they swapped my 612 tires, I brought them a set I bought off ebay, no complaints from FoW and the sensors worked fine.

10. colamclean

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Good question. I hadn't thought ahead that far. My understanding is that the previous owner of my 575 had the TPMS disabled by Competizione. But, since I see TPMS warning indicator on my dash, maybe that is not the case.

I see on another thread that the sensors can be had for around $98/each. Is that about what you paid on ebay? Tire Rack seems to have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in stock, and thought I would go ahead and grab them while they are available.

Thanks.

11. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I think I paid under $200 for all four. A quick look at eBay thoguh and it looks like there's more of a selection now. Might be worth a little searching or maybe a fresh thread in the 550/575 section to see what everyone is using. Mine might have been the least expensive but I have no idea how long they would have lasted either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

12. RossoDiamante

RossoDiamante Karting

Jun 3, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic, US
    Did your aftermarket sensors have both pressure and temperature readings? I purchased a second set of wheels for a 458 and am getting ready to find some tires and get them mounted up and fitted to the car.

13. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Most often, I mount my tires on the wheels!

14. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Executive Tire on Gude Drive in Rockville. Very professional, knowledgable and careful. Both my son and I are overly anal, and they even invited us to watch them do the work. We brought the wheels and tires to them -- off of the car -- and then mounted them to the car o my lift at home.