installation of body parts | FerrariChat

installation of body parts

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 2Veloce, Mar 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    I have a 2015 458 spider and I wanted to get the locals recommendation on installing: factory CF outer B-Pillars Trim, CF front air winglets and CF door stills. I am buying the factory parts on my own. Not sure if its better to get them installed at Ferrari of Washington or a good body shop that works on Ferrari's. Any thoughts? Any recommendations ? I live in Annapolis but of course willing to travel...thanks in advance...

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Not sure the detail need to install the parts, but if its a swap out, I would assume Competizione could handle it or FOW. I would check with Competizione first.

3. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    Thanks, i only hear good things about them...Will do..thanks..A

4. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    I was thinking a good ferrari body shop would be best to do the job, I just don't know any in the area...Or maybe the dealer might be the best place to go..

5. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Karosserie in Wayne Pa. is the perfect shop.
    Dont be concerend with the distance. They can pick your car up and deliver it too.
    They are one of about 10 body shops in the US authorized by Ferrari

Karosserie

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    ^This, if distance is not an issue.

7. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    Thanks all , i have emails out to Karosserie, FOW and Competzione. Anyone have personal experience with installing/modifying your ferrari with any of these companies?

8. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Generally, dealerships don't appreciate when you bring your own parts. It like picking up a grocery store steak and taking to a steak restaurant and asking them to prepare it. If you are buying factory parts why wouldn't you be getting thru them and if aftermarket, they rarely fit correctly.

9. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    #9 carz80am, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016

Motorcars Washington has ferrari tech's there. I had them do some work for my 458. They have 2 ferrari tech's, one of which use to work at fow and another that has been around Ferrari's for a very long time and I think taught the guys at competizone. When I was picking up my 458 I saw them working on a few different ferrari's. I think D&V body shop does most of Fow's work, they don't do it in house to my knowledge...

10. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    You could try Europros Collision on Gaithersburg. They are an Audi, Porsche, and Telsa certified repair facility. Lots of aluminum and CF parts and pieces between the three.