2016 FCA-MAR Spring Thaw | FerrariChat

2016 FCA-MAR Spring Thaw

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by BillP00, Mar 31, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 BillP00, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The snow is GONE! The weather is tempting us with warmer temps. Spring must be in the air!!! This year the FCA-MAR has a NEW location for our Annual Spring Thaw and we want to have a BIG turnout of cars this year! We will be dinning at Travinia Italian Kitchen located at The Village of Leesburg (1605 Village Market Blvd. #104, Leesburg, VA 20176).

Date: Saturday, April 16
    Time: Noon - 4:00 PM
    Cost: $ 50 per person
    * YES, we are accepting PayPal for this event.

For more info contact Laura Ebert at: [email protected]

Photo credits: Google Street View
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bonalonio

bonalonio Rookie

Nov 27, 2015
    #2 bonalonio, Mar 31, 2016
    To experience the sights, sounds, smells of Spring 2016 without a Ferrari would be most unsavory.

I drive in the right lane so housewives riding shotgun in left lane vehicles can get a better look at my cockpit without having to glance across their interior and out the driver's side window with their husband between us.

3. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Bill,

I was greatly looking forward to this event, but now see that I can not be in town that weekend. I had hoped to meet several FChatters that have communicated with me. It looks like a wonderful venue - are the streets going to be closed to traffic for Ferrari parking? Would be nice to see a similar event in the fall for those of us who miss out on the Spring Thaw. I look forward to seeing your photos of the event.

4. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Patrick,

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it. I'm sure we'll catch up sooner or later. The FCA-MAR has a lot of events lined up for 2016! Some are open to the public and some are members only type events. If you're a member of the FCA, then you should have our calendar of events?

We don't have a Fall version of the Spring Thaw, but there will be something in September that looks very interesting. I don't want to mention it here and lead this thread into a different direction - I'd rather stay on topic.

Hopefully we can meet up at a cars and coffee or perhaps this Sunday at Ferrari of Washington as they host the viewing of the Grand Prix of Bahrain. We can talk all about upcoming events! Race starts at 11:00 AM if you can make it?

Bill P.

5. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    So...who else is going?

I'll be there with my Mondial. :)

Bill P.

6. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Save me a spot - you know I'm usually late :)

7. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I plan to be there with my 360 Spider

8. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Maybe I'll crash. Ferrariless this year, but the event is literally within walking distance of my home, maybe four miles, crazy not to at least drop in and say hi.

9. bonalonio

bonalonio Rookie

Nov 27, 2015
    #9 bonalonio, Apr 2, 2016
    Highly recommend this while saving cash for your next Ferrari. You get all the anonymous glances at stoplights as if. (Nero upholstery shown - also available in Grigio)

10. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    I will be there!

Looking forward to it.

What's the parking situation?

LSJ

11. Rob in Potomac

Rob in Potomac Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Potomac, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Plan to attend, just need to get a check to Laura.

Rob in Potomac

12. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hi Lash,

The parking situation is going to be like Reston Town Centre. The Management Company has been really GREAT to work with. We're looking forward to having our event there!

Bill P.

13. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area

That's great to hear!

14. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Paul,

Will you be there? Looking forward to seeing you again. What about your friend Butch? Does he still own a Ferrari? Hope to see you both there!

Bill

15. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'll be here...70 miles later from Annapolis! I can smell the home pasta sauce!

16. sunline

sunline Karting

Dec 23, 2004
    Ashburn Virginia
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Will definetely be there. No Ferrari but will be in my LFA.

17. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    Bill,

Looking forward to catching up with you again as well. Unfortunately, I will be in PA for the annual all Porsche Swap Meet. We're taking one of the cars-up along with cache of parts.

Butch still has his car and may very well be there. It looks like a great venue and thanks to you and whomever else for getting a great new location. I sure it took a bit of effort to come-up with something as cool as Reston TC.

Paul-

18. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sorry to hear that Paul. Good luck at the swap meet. I'll keep a look out for Butch. :)

Bill P.

19. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #19 BillP00, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    There's still space available. The Spring Thaw is THIS Saturday!! If you've been thinking about going...now's your chance...sign up now! If you're not a member of the FCA and have been thinking about joining OR perhaps your membership expired and you're thinking about renewing your membership...we'd love to have you join us!!

Come see the cars, meet new friends (or see some old ones) and join us for lunch! Cost is $50 per person. You can pay via PayPal and you can even pay at the door.

DON'T FORGET...we are at a new location! This year we will be dinning at:
    Travinia Italian Kitchen
    The Village of Leesburg
    1605 Village Market Blvd. #104
    Leesburg, VA 20176.

Date: Saturday, April 16
    Time: Noon - 4:00 PM
    Cost: $ 50 per person (kids under 13 are free)
    * YES, we are accepting PayPal for this event.

For more info contact Laura Ebert at: [email protected]

Bill P.

20. Transhuman

Transhuman Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    Cloverly
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Was hoping to make it. The 360 is over at Richard's shop right now for belts and tires (yikes!). Looks like I'll be in the "B" car if I make it out.

21. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Tell Richard to hurry up and get it finished...it's an emergency! He'll understand. :D

Just kidding. Look forward to having you there tomorrow.

Bill P.

22. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It was good seeing the familiar faces again today! I have been MIA from this site, but today certainly reminded me of all the people I have met over the years and can shoot the breeze with!

23. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Thanks to Laura and all the others who helped with today's Spring Thaw. Great event! The new location worked well, although I would like to see the cars not so spread out. The food and service at the restaurant were first rate. This venue has my vote for a return next year.

Now, can someone do something about the traffic on the Beltway? OY! I bailed just before getting stuck in the queue inching towards 495 East to Baltimore and instead took the express lanes in the western section of the Beltway in Virginia. I don't know what the tolls were, but I never dropped below 60 for the entire drive to the Wilson Bridge. Definitely the way to go.

24. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    What a GREAT event we had on Saturday! Thanks to Laura and all the helpers who made this event run smoothly (entrance gate, parking the cars, and the sign-in table). I'd also like to thank Travinia Italian Kitchen and the Village of Leesburg management for allowing us to have our event there this year! We really enjoyed the location the food and of course the weather! :)

We had a nice selection of cars out this year! It was great seeing some old friends "355 Dreamer" with his wonderful family and even seeing "The Beast 360" bring out his lovely wife and his TR to the event! Arjun, thanks for bringing the Big Boy Toy out and letting everyone see that awesome F40!

Please checkout the other thread from Ahmed who took some excellent photos. I'll be posting up photos from the event either later today or tomorrow.

Bill P.

25. scrappin35

scrappin35 Karting

Dec 13, 2011
    FT Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    Looked like a great event... I'm sorry I missed it!