Leather repair service | FerrariChat

Leather repair service

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by sunline, Apr 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sunline

sunline Karting

Dec 23, 2004
    Ashburn Virginia
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Looking for recommendations for leather repair for my LFA. I have two very small scratches that I need to have repaired. Metro leather was going to do it, but has bailed do to the cost of the car. Any suggestions?

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    There is a really good leather shop of RT28 in Manassas Park, I have heard good things from them. Sorry the name escapes me, will give a look to see if I can find it.

3. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I've been keeping a list of potential leather repairers for a couple of years. My 360 needs a small scrape and a deep gouge, both of which happened before I had her, repaired. Haven't gotten around to it yet. The first name on the list was given to me by Lim's in Tysons, who said they couldn't do the repair but maybe their friend could.

Kam - 703-554-0737 - [email protected] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/idealrepair

Leather Medic (736 East Gude Drive, Rockville, MD, [email protected], Carlos 240-481-7379)

Metro Vinyl Metro Leather - Furniture Repair - Sterling, VA - Reviews - Yelp

4. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Has Lim's gotten out of leather repair? I thought that was what they do (besides convertible tops)? They replaced the cover of my Mondial and they did a GREAT job! I had asked about some leather repair, but just haven't had time to do it.

I went to Metro leather for a cost estimate. But they were suggesting I replace all my leather interior at one time, so that it would match instead of piece by piece as funds became available. A little too pricey for me.

Bill P.

5. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    This is not local to you, but Richard Garre of Radcliffe Motorcar Company uses Fred Cooney for almost all of his leather and interior work on some very high end cars. I have spoken with Fred a few times. Nice fella, seems to know his stuff. I have not yet had any work done by him, but will in the next month or so. Fred may have a vendor's table at the upcoming Vintage Italian Car Show at Radcliffe on May 7.

Fred R. Cooney
    t/a Automotive Custom Care
    2977 Baltimore Blvd.
    Finksburg, MD 21048
    410-833-4840
    Email: [email protected]

6. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    What they told me is that they replace, not repair.

7. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks Don, I'll keep a look out for him when I attend Richard's show! It would also be nice to catch up with you again! :)

GT, thanks for the info. Please keep me updated on your experiences. I definitely have some work to do on mine, but not sure how soon I'll get to it. Hope to see you at the Spring Thaw on Saturday? If you're there, please look for me!

Bill P.

8. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    #8 Cobraownr, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'll see you at Spring Thaw. I'll be there with the 575 Superamerica.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I will be there. Red 360 spider is outside my house getting detailed as I type this!

10. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Don - I saw your car at Competizione when I picked mine up from having an O2 sensor replaced yesterday. Not only is the Superamerica my absolute favorite Ferrari, but your white on tan is so stunning and unique. I think I drool a little every time I see it!

11. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Don, it was great seeing you person again at Spring Thaw. Its been awhile since the last time met and it was great seeing your superamerica. Very rare color combo and options. Thanks for letting myself and daughter to sit in it to take a pic!!

Chris