Best place for PPI in MD/DE/VA? | FerrariChat

Best place for PPI in MD/DE/VA?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Alaris, Apr 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alaris

Alaris Rookie

May 22, 2007
    MD
    Looking at an F355. The obvious choice is Ferrari of Washington. Should I consider any other shops?

2. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
  3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Not sure FOW does ppi's any more. Best call Competizione, the only choice in the area.

4. Alaris

Alaris Rookie

May 22, 2007
    MD
    FOW does still do them, I confirmed by phone that they do. But Competizione, or whoever answered the phone there, insisted that they do not do PPIs, and that I should ask somewhere else. I thought it was strange.

5. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Does Radcliffe Motorcar Co. in Reisterstown do PPI's?

6. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Not strange at all. There have been more arguments and B.S. started by telling a seller what is needed on a car they believe is perfect and/or the expectation for the buyer to have zero to do after the sale. It's not worth the headache, threatened lawsuits, and time lost on in-process work. Also PPI is not a standard of inspection by ANY means.

Some shops will still do PPIs but they have to know you a while first. They've been known to travel out of state if you are serious. Off the street is viewed as a massive time waste and potential for drama and unrealistic expectations. Yes... Even if you are paying them...

Your best bet is to request and review service Hx from the owner and know that EVERY Ferrari will need a few thousand dollars of something after purchase. The ones that don't are rare and not advertised much.

My advice used to be:

1. Perform your own due-diligence before purchase (records, here, locals, close dealerships)
    2. Save 125% of cost of vehicle before purchase

That way when you immediately take it to your shop (choose wisely) you will already have the funds to perform any work without getting torqued off and you'll have a good ownership experience.