Best way from West Chester to Lancaster, PA | FerrariChat

Best way from West Chester to Lancaster, PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by cayman13, Jun 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cayman13

cayman13 Karting

Nov 18, 2014
    Planning on taking my scud out for a drive to Lancaster and was wondering if there are any recommendations on the best way to get there. I am considering getting on 76W and 222 S. The other is to drive on 30 W but am not sure how much fun that will be.

Any thoughts or recommendations will be very helpful. Thanks so much.

2. M138

M138 Karting

Sep 21, 2010
    York
    Full Name:
    Bob D
    I prefer 76 to 222. Traffic is usually not too bad. Stop and go on 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

322 to 222... or 100 to 401 to 76 to 222 401, when you get it at the right time of day, is a great road for driving..

Route 30, with the bypasses, is really ok until you hit around route 10, which is on the eastern outskirts of town. If you are headed towards downtown Lancaster, then that can make the last 20 miles a one hour adventure on Route 30.

Where are you heading in Lancaster, and is time important, as the 401 route is a bit roundabout.

D

4. cayman13

cayman13 Karting

Nov 18, 2014
    Headed towards downtown Lancaster around mid afternoon so looks like 76 is a better option. Hopefully traffic wont be too bad. Thanks for the recommendations.

5. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Take the turnpike(76). It's further but it's faster. If you go 30 you'll 100% guaranteed be stuck behind a slow moving truck once you go past the split in Gap. But if you do go 30 and at the Wawa in Gap if you go south on 41 for 1/3 mile and get onto 741 you'll get to bypass all of the crap on 30 and get to see some nice farm country scenery. This will bring you out to close to just outside of Lancaster city.

6. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lancaster County has some nice back roads. It's been 12 years since I worked over there but from NE of Gap into Lancaster there is some fun not too busy roads. Sometimes the traffic on them is VERY slow if you know what I mean.

7. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    I would spend the miles and go across 1 to 896N. That is a fun road, but be careful of the buggys! My rents live in Hockessin and I commonly take that road up to Lancaster, its a blast.

8. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Up rt. 100 to US 30E. Turn rt. on Rt. 10 and pick up Rt. 340. Great scenery and zero traffic until Intercourse and not at all bad after that. Lots of turn off and back roads with Amish fruit and veggie stands. I76 to 222, you pay to see nothing.