Brake caliper refinishing | FerrariChat

Brake caliper refinishing

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by oriffx, Feb 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. oriffx

oriffx Rookie

Jul 29, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Any recommendations for a shop to refinish all 4 brake calipers? In suburban Philly?? Looking to go from black to red. A non-Ferrari dealership quoted me $2500 for 4. Absurd and ridiculous. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    We would be happy to help you with this, perform this service often and have for a few members on here. Can do both paint or PowderCoat as well as emblem/logo placement. Feel free to message me!

3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Well Nick beat me to it but yea, go there :D I had his shop paint the calipers on my car as a temporary thing until the next brake job, at which point I plan to have them powder coated. The thing is, I've put about 13,000 miles on the car since then and the paint is holding up just fine. It wasn't expensive, looks great, and so far is holding up perfectly. Pics on their site: oakesdetail.com | McLaren MP4-12C Spider

4. awilson

awilson Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2013
    Annapolis Md
    Full Name:
    Andrew G. Wilson,II
    I couldn't find anyone to help me so I did it my self. One buys caliper paint, removes wheels, masks area's and paints. Total time less than 4 hrs. Had new decals made cost 10.00. Had one spot that bruised when installing wheel. Fixed with yellow fingernail polish. I sprayed and touched up with foam brush. They look great.