996 Turbo build | FerrariChat

996 Turbo build

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ferrariman79, Feb 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariman79

ferrariman79 Rookie

Nov 30, 2015
    Maryland
    #1 ferrariman79, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a build I just finished up for a local friend near Washington D.C. Since this is an 2001 996 turbo, he wanted to upgrade the dated electronics. We did 8" Alpine Navigation headunit for the source. The sound processing is handled by 8ch Mosconi 6TO8 DSP. Powering the system is three Mosconi One amplifiers. The front stage we went with Ground Zero Plutonium
    3-way active speaker components. To cover the low frequency response, a pair of Hybrid Audio Technologies Clarus 8" subs fit the bill. For security, GPS tracking and convenience a 2-way Directed system was installed. We also added a K40 stealth radar system for those high speed cruises to help stay ticket free. With all the new upgrades the entire system performs flawlessly.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Sweet mods

3. ferrariman79

ferrariman79 Rookie

Nov 30, 2015
    Maryland
    Thanks! It was a fun build for sure.

4. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    nice, makes me miss my 2001 turbo i traded!

5. ferrariman79

ferrariman79 Rookie

Nov 30, 2015
    Maryland
    Theses are defiantly a drivers car(6 speed trans). Car has had some engine work with larger turbos fuel system and tuning upgrade. Making 800hp on pump gas. Fun and a little scary to drive at the same time. Thats what you get when your doing the driving and not having the computer system aiding driving skills. lol