Best Detailer and Clear Wrap installers in the Balltimore/DC Area | FerrariChat

Best Detailer and Clear Wrap installers in the Balltimore/DC Area

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Rossocorsa1, May 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Hello all. I'm looking for the very best detailer as well as the very best clear wrap installer in The Baltimore/DC area. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts.

Is anyone familiar with the work of Travis Lee (detailer), Shy (clear wrap) and Raj (clear wrap)? Thank you.

2. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
  3. Flipjack

Flipjack Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    Clear wrap definitely go to a place with a real facility set up for clear bra. Travelling clear bra people trying to work anywhere not a good idea. Its not like detailing / polishing paint, its more like having your car painted, they don't do that mobile except $200 bumper repaints in used car lots.

Ask what film too. You want a top-coated film like Xpel or many say Suntek even better. Ask if edges are wrapped, how they prepare and cut the film etc. It should be pretty obvious if they know what they're doing or BSing.

I saw a black Gallardo few years ago that someone named Raja TRIED to do a full clear film wrap on. Was god awful butcher job, borderline criminal, and almost surely damaged the paint surface with what looked like deep i.e. through film and into painted surface rough hand cut lines all over the body surfaces. It was one of the craziest things I'd ever seen. Couldn't believe it wasn't a court case. Maybe it was. Not sure if that is same Raj?

Detailing try Patrick Greene. He was detailer at Ferrari store in Washington for years. He works around DC/Balt/NoVA and handles numerous significant collections in the area.

Clear wrap try Auto Armour Protective Films in Columbia, MD. I know they've been in that business forever and have seen many outstanding jobs on all kinds of exotic cars they've done, including whole car wraps that you really couldn't see the film at all anywhere.

4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thanks for the info. Do you mind if I give you a call? If you're okay with that, please shoot me an email. Thank you.

5. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK

6. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Shy(customcleartech.com) just did the clear bra on my f430. He will come to you and he and his wife are the ultimate professionals. I am a satisfied customer

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Is anyone familiar with Travis Lee?

8. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC