Washington DC Italian Car Show | FerrariChat

Washington DC Italian Car Show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by BillP00, May 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    For years we've watched British, German, and Japanese marques host annual car shows in the area, and wondered why there was no Italian car show in Washington D.C. - the most influential city in the world - so this year we're going to have a trial run and start the tradition.

Held at Nottoway Park in Vienna, Virginia on June 4th, 2017 from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM, the first annual DC Italian Car Show will draw cars from Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Ferrari, Maserati, Autobianchi, and Siata, as well as Italian motorcycles. Pre-registration (prior to the event) is $15, and registration the day-of is $20.

Food trucks and music will be on site, as well as vehicle judging and awards, to include People's Choice, Best in Show, and others .

Visit the event's website at: http://www.dcitaliancarshow.com/ for more information.

Anyone going? Hoping for a big Ferrari turn out!

Bill P.

2. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Looks like the weather is going to be horrible Sunday. This years Deutsche Marque Concours (at the same park) was ruined when, after rain, organizers decided to hold it in a parking lot at this park instead of the usual grassy fields. I hope the organizers reschedule the show if the rain comes as expected - a crammed parking lot is not going to make it an event folks will want to attend year after year.

3. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Latest reports say that the rain is supposed to hold off until late afternoon Sunday. So (hopefully) we should miss the rain. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will still be there. Hope to see some others there as well.

Bill P.

4. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    How did it go - Any pics?

5. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
  6. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #6 BillP00, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In my opinion, the show was a HUGE success! The event organizers were hoping to get about 100 cars. As of Friday night, they had about 30 cars registered. On Sunday we had 87 cars show up! That's not bad, considering this was their 1st event! Obviously there were a lot of people trying to decide what the weather was going to do and just showed up the day of the event! But that's fine.

Thursday night I was told that only (3) Ferrari's were registered. We had (12) Ferrari's show up! I personally want to thank those of you who did show up. It was a big help and it was great to meet so many new/recently joined FCA members!

I would like to give a BIG "Thank You" to the event organizers Nick Vadala, London Auto Service, Brewster Thackery, The Alfa Romeo Club, DC Fiats and a few others, that I knew I was going to forget. Thank you for all your time and effort into making this a great start to an event that will only get better and better.

Here are some photos I took. I apologize ahead of time that it's mainly Ferraris. I did add a few shots of the beautiful Siata that parked next to the Ferraris and a couple of show field pics.

Enjoy,

Bill P.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Ahmed_Z

Ahmed_Z Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2010
    Washington DC area
    Full Name:
    Ahmed
    Good seeing you again Bill!

8. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    It was a lot of fun, and it was really nice to meet you. I look forward to next year.

9. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Likewise. Hope you can make it to the Car Corral 100!

It was nice to meet you too. I'm looking forward to next year, but please don't wait a year to come to our events. We'd love to have you join us at future MAR events. Don't forget to check our club's website for future events like the Car Corral 100 that I mentioned above.

Bill P.