My last C&C in West Chester | FerrariChat

My last C&C in West Chester

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by SpykerBAS, May 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    Friends,

I can't believe I am saying this, but tomorrow the 27th will be my last C&C as an East Coaster. We are moving to the left coast soon. Hope to see as much of the old crew as I can tomorrow!

Best,

Brett

2. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Brett,
    Sad to miss you tomorrow -- I am off to my 20th college reunion in New Haven. But glad I got to see you briefly last weekend at Reading. Good luck with the move, and hope you'll get to stop by C&C as a visitor sometime in the future!
    Cheers!
    Dennis

3. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Wow Brett

I was talking to you and Dennis at Reading and you were talking about your new home being built. I just assumed it was in the same area.
    Good luck with the move.
    I assume you are relocating to CA. ?
    If so where at?
    My friend relocated to Carlsbad area and its beautiful there

All the best!
    -Dominic

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Ill be there to send you off :)

5. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Brett,
    I'm truly sorry I can't be there to see you off. If I wasn't in Geneva of all places, I would definitely find a way to be there. It's been great getting to know you over the last few years. Enjoy California and I hope you will come back to visit from time to time.

6. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Brett, I hope to be able to stop by. But I know you'll be back to visit....they always come back....!!

7. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    We are moving to Malibu. We're building a place in the mountains just ten minutes from the beach. The house is actually on Mulholland Highway, which I consider to be one of the world's best driving roads! And, I take delivery on my 488 Spider as soon as we get there on June 20th, so life's rough :) I will miss all of you, but you're right, we'll be back to visit and I'll come to C&C in my rental car. You've been a fantastic second family for the last eight years, and I am better for it (and Sebastien, too!). I came for the cars but left with lifelong friends.

Brett

8. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    It's always hard to hear a friend say "goodbye" when they move out of the area. Worse than that is when they also move out of our lives.

Obviously, you go with our best wishes and warmest regards for you as a member of our C&C family. We'll miss you very much.

9. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I didn't get to speak to you for long yesterday, but I will catch you out in Malibu! How did the allocation end up working, still through Algar or is it getting sent out to one of the dealers out there?

10. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    Once I gave up the Algar allocation, I went to the LA (Ferrari Westlake) dealership to introduce myself and talk about getting on the list there (2.5 year waitlist!), and they just happened to have pretty much the exact spec I wanted sitting there as a consignment with 500 miles on it. So, I am trading the 458 and getting a 488.

11. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Very nice, sheesh 2.5 wait still! What color is the 488?

12. agentf1

agentf1 Formula Junior

May 7, 2004
    Longwood Fl.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Good luck with your move. Having just made a similar move I can say it will be an awesome experience. Best of luck with everything.

13. jimzdancewicz

jimzdancewicz Karting

Mar 1, 2015
    Berwyn, PA
    Full Name:
    James Zdancewicz
    Sorry I missed you Brett. Was in Italy and France. Caught the Monaco GP and Toured the Holy land in Maranello! Hope to connect with you soon.

JZ