Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR) - Sponsored by Ferrari of Denver

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Janzen
Black 599- lady driver at 41st & Sheridan Saturday- I'd love to get a close up look at that car
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 09-15-2007, 07:02 AM
F1 World Champ
Global Moderator

Full Name: Mike Seals
My Garage
Not in Oklahoma Yet - But it will be...

Hi folks,

This is my 348, just got it... previous owner put 355 bumpers on it and Maranello wheels. It will be permanently residing in Ponca City in a few years.

Mike in Kuwait
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ferrari Rt Ft.jpg (104.3 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg Ferrari Lt Rr.jpg (117.0 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg Driver's Side Interior.jpg (89.2 KB, 383 views)
Old 09-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseals View Post
Hi folks,

This is my 348, just got it... previous owner put 355 bumpers on it and Maranello wheels. It will be permanently residing in Ponca City in a few years.

Mike in Kuwait
Nice car Mike! The door skins are 355 also, along with the tail light treatment. Looks like some interior mods as well. Did you post pics in the 348 section? I've never seen another 348 like it.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:26 AM
F1 World Champ
Global Moderator

My Garage
modified 348

Thanks for the response Janzen.... to answer your questions, Yes, I posted the photos in the 348/355 section as well. I paid USD$17,500 for the car, and haven't yet decided whether or not to change everything back or leave it. Are you in T-town? When I get it back to the US, we'll have to have coffee... I'll be in Ponca City.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 09-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

You paid $17,500? ..Just curious did you have this car checked. What's the story behind it? Somebody must have taken a beating after spending all that money on mods, and then selling it for that.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:56 AM
F1 World Champ
Global Moderator

My Garage
The Story Behind It....

The car was purchased originally in Kuwait by an Italian businessman who kept the car for about 10 years. It was then purchased by a Kuwaiti, who had the 355 'conversion' done. It was then sold to a British guy who worked for me two years ago. He didn't do much to maintain the car other than a new paint job done by Al Zayani, the local dealer. The British guy needed some money, which I loaned him when he lost his job, and eventually came to me unable to pay back the loan except with his car. So, I added the few thousand dollar difference (he had borrowed $15,000 from me), and now have the car.

It needs a major service, and some serious cleaning and detailing in the engine compartment. And, eventually, will need to be converted to US Specs. It will cost me about $3,000 to ship to the US, and as best I can figure about $10K to have it converted. Plus the major service, I'll probably have about $40,000 or so into it.

Mike
Old 09-15-2007, 11:02 AM
F1 World Champ
Global Moderator

My Garage
Did I have it checked?

Sorry, realized I hadn't answered your question... No, I didn't have the car checked. I talked to the local dealer, and he wanted $1,500 to check it. I figured, well, it's running and may end up being a money pit, but it's something I've always wanted, and it may be the only way I'll get my money back.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Interesting, hopefully no nasty surprises, you might have gotten lucky!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Talking

Quote:
Thanks for the response Janzen.... to answer your questions, Yes, I posted the photos in the 348/355 section as well. I paid USD$17,500 for the car, and haven't yet decided whether or not to change everything back or leave it. Are you in T-town? When I get it back to the US, we'll have to have coffee... I'll be in Ponca City.
Yes I am an in Tulsa and it would be great to get together when you get back. As a matter of fact, just send the car over now along with your Visa card number and I'll be glad to start chasing down some of the odds and ends for you- (exercising it regularly the whole time of course ;-)

Seriously though I like the mods, I'd leave it alone- at that price you can really have some fun with it.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:30 PM
F1 World Champ
Global Moderator

My Garage
Fun is SO right...

Janzen,

The wife and I have been cruisin' here, there and everywhere... it IS fun... even here, where Bentley's, F-cars, Lambos, and Aston-Martins are aplenty, heads still turn when they hear that unique sound... So far, relatively minor expenses, new tires on the rear, 8 hours of cleaning the interior, and replacing a bulb here and there... I'm taking it easy speed-wise not knowing for sure when the last major was done. It has about 55K on the odometer, so I'm going to do a timing belt change and the rest of the major stuff when it gets a little cooler (it's still between 112 and 119 every day all day, and drops to a chilly 105 at night).

I look forward to driving it to Tulsa and having that coffee one day.

Mike in Kuwait
Old 09-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Wink

Quote:
Janzen,

The wife and I have been cruisin' here, there and everywhere... it IS fun... even here, where Bentley's, F-cars, Lambos, and Aston-Martins are aplenty, heads still turn when they hear that unique sound... So far, relatively minor expenses, new tires on the rear, 8 hours of cleaning the interior, and replacing a bulb here and there... I'm taking it easy speed-wise not knowing for sure when the last major was done. It has about 55K on the odometer, so I'm going to do a timing belt change and the rest of the major stuff when it gets a little cooler (it's still between 112 and 119 every day all day, and drops to a chilly 105 at night).

I look forward to driving it to Tulsa and having that coffee one day.

Mike in Kuwait
Sounds like you've got the major handled. Despite the lack of records I'm not sure I'd get to goosey about the belt change right away. With that kind of mileage I find it hard to believe the car hasn't been reasonably well maintained, do a search on this board and you'll find many theories on the topic.

The 348 is pretty robust-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVxiH5jabg

That heat has got to be something else, wow, almost like the PGA out here this year, ha ha
Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Patrick
I've seen R.W. McQuarters of the NY Giants driving a silver Murcielago around in Tulsa, I believe he lives in Owasso.

Saw a Carrera GT at Utica Square as well as a red 430. There is a Bently CGT in midtown as well, I believe it belongs to the owner of the Tulsa World newspaper. Most interesting vehicle I have seen in Tulsa was a few weeks ago, an Ariel Atom at 41st & Sheridan.

Patrick
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 09-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman36 View Post
I've seen R.W. McQuarters of the NY Giants driving a silver Murcielago around in Tulsa, I believe he lives in Owasso.

Saw a Carrera GT at Utica Square as well as a red 430. There is a Bently CGT in midtown as well, I believe it belongs to the owner of the Tulsa World newspaper. Most interesting vehicle I have seen in Tulsa was a few weeks ago, an Ariel Atom at 41st & Sheridan.

Patrick
The Porsche Club has coffee @ Starbucks in Utica Sq. Saturday mornings, usually some interesting iron in attendance, not all Porsche. Yesterday AM there was a red Ford GT parked out there. You're right, R.W. has the Murcie. I saw Garth driving a gunmetal grey Viper Coupe on 169 a while back.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Matt
I saw a red Ford GT this past Saturday in Tulsa, going west on 71st by Woodland Hills. Damn I love those cars.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Red 348 Spider at 61st and Harvard yesterday (anyone on this board?). Really a nice car.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:13 PM
F1 World Champ
Global Moderator

My Garage
I am....

Janzen,

I'm monitoring it... but from nearly 10,000 miles away, can't report anything.

Mike in Kuwait
Old 10-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Dave
Last night, I saw a black Ford GT in Moore on 35 and yellow Lambo Gallardo (On a truck with TX plates) at Flying-J just north of Frontier City... what a day for exotics.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Matt
This past Saturday in Tulsa, around 41st & Memorial, 2pm, a red F430. Gorgeous.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed

check out redline ms in Tulsa
Old 10-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Dave
Saw a Black NSX on 44 in Tulsa yesterday morning.
Non-Sponsor Ads