Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR) - Sponsored by Ferrari of Denver

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Randy Raetz
Joplin Mo.

I guy that works for me his car about the weeks ago on the way to work started over heating but then it would cool back down and be alright. Well I told him to check the water level first and if it was fine it could be a thermostat. So he decide to take it to a shop in
Joplin on East 20 street called Sharps Import. They said it was the water pump so he said go
ahead and fix it. So then the shop calls him the next day and said we need to put a timing belt and thermostat in so he said ok. So he gets his car back drives it less then 100 miles and the motor blows. He calls the shop and they said they will come and get the car and see what happened. They call him back the next day and said he has a hole where the rod went threw his block and he said why did this happen and they said his oil pump went out.
So now he needs a motor and the shop said they found one and will put it in. Now today they called him and said they havent got the motor put in yet because they said we found out why your motor blow. Someone before you put a ceramic clutch in so we order a new clutch and flywheel and havent got the parts in yet. He said just put my old clutch in and I will replace later when I have the money and the guy hung up on him. To me it sounds like the place is giving him the run around.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 10-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Steve M
My Garage
Randy, I don't know anything about this shop, but have seen a few old Porsche's there. I would give Vince Hill @ Hill Automotive (417-659-8886) a call and get the car to him. Vince is a great guy and honest as the day is long. He is the only person I let work on my cars. And, vince does not charge nearly enough for the work he does!

Last edited by slm; 10-23-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Steve
Thank you and I will pass on the info.

Randy
Old 10-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Randy, I don't know anything about this shop, but have seen a few old Porsche's there. I would give Vince Hill @ Hill Automotive (417-659-8886) a call and get the car to him. Vince is a great guy and honest as the day is long. He is the only person I let work on my cars. And, vince does not charge nearly enough for the work he does!
I will absolutely vouch for Vince. I just saw the charge for my brake job pass thru my Credit Card today and intend to ask Vince to add $150 to the bill. (Very uncommon for us to ask a shop to charge us more.).

Vince is now my Lamborghini mechanic till we add the 360/430 to the fleet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2511.jpg (68.9 KB, 142 views)
Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deon.smith View Post
I will absolutely vouch for Vince. I just saw the charge for my brake job pass thru my Credit Card today and intend to ask Vince to add $150 to the bill. (Very uncommon for us to ask a shop to charge us more.).

Vince is now my Lamborghini mechanic till we add the 360/430 to the fleet.
My guy here at work said that Vince sounds like the kind of mechanic he wants. The place where his car is charged him $1200 just to change motors out and to me that sounds high.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Vivek
What kind of car is it?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by v tach View Post
What kind of car is it?
Its just a VW GTI but I dont think they are doing him right. They said two days to have the motor installed and now its been over a week and he still hasnt got the car back.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Well my friend got his car back today and before he got out of Joplin the temp light came on. So he pulled over and had to add antifreeze to it but it seems to be alright now.
The only thing now is his boost gauge doesnt work but hes not sure if he will take it back to have them look at it. So said and done it cost him $3600.00
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Vince & Lauren Hill
Joplin Mo

Ahh quit it, you guys are making me blush, haha! I appreciate all of your comments!
I enjoy working on them and that is the sole reason why I charge what I do and I am pleased to say that I have had nothing but happy customers!

Countlamb- tell your friend to bring it by the shop and we will take a look at it, if he would like.

Thanks,
Vince Hill
(Owner/Operator)

Hill's Automotive & Performance
2420 E. 7th
Joplin, MO 64801
417-659-8886
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hills-Performance View Post
Ahh quit it, you guys are making me blush, haha! I appreciate all of your comments!
I enjoy working on them and that is the sole reason why I charge what I do and I am pleased to say that I have had nothing but happy customers!

Countlamb- tell your friend to bring it by the shop and we will take a look at it, if he would like.

Thanks,
Vince Hill
(Owner/Operator)

Hill's Automotive & Performance
2420 E. 7th
Joplin, MO 64801
417-659-8886

I sure will Vince. All I hear from Deon and Steve are really good things about you.
Thanks

Randy