Oklahoma Spotters Thread | FerrariChat

Oklahoma Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by dysko, Aug 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No I have not seen anything here yet... however, I thought that it was fair for Oklahoma to have its own thread.

2. normantrack

normantrack Rookie

May 6, 2007
    OKC
    I've tried to talk to some people around here but basically i don't have a ferrari so i don't count i guess. i had a post to try to get some together and that didn't work either so i guess i'll hang with the more fortunate around Dallas, they are always nice and don't care that you don't own a ferrari. I'm just guessing that the people here don't really get into the car thing that much like some do.

3. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    Don't feel bad, many have tried, all have failed.

4. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    I have seen a black 430, a yellow 430 spider, 360 spider and, a 355 spider in the last couple of days hers in south Tulsa.

5. normantrack

normantrack Rookie

May 6, 2007
    OKC
    most of the exotics i see here are owned by the same people, I have been lucky enough to see plenty others on a very rare occasion. Black Carrera GT, i almost wrecked on that one, Bently cgt pretty often, a few lambos maybe just passing through and a couple 430's all have been here in Norman and Moore area.

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Saw a red 308 yesterday in Norman (I think) northbound on I35 around 6:30. At least, that's where I think I was -- I was just passing through from KC to DFW :)

7. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yellow Lambo on Highway 9 (or is it 6? I am still new to town) in Norman yesterday.

8. normantrack

normantrack Rookie

May 6, 2007
    OKC
    Its highway 9 and lambo was probably ChuckD, he, and she i believe are members here. Most exotics here in Norman and Moore area are owned by them. Its a LP640 by the way.

9. chuckd

chuckd Karting

May 8, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    'She' drives the LP most of the time. The only one you'll probably spot me in is the 430 Spider (there's two of them in Norman, I haven't met the guy who has the other one).

I've seen a silver 360 in Moore/Norman. Someone mentioned it belonged to Toby Keith. I'm not sure about that, but I do know he has at least one Ferrari.

We have the blue CGT (Bentley, not Porsche), and there's a gray one in town as well.

Keep on the lookout for the 722. That always seems to get missed! Probably one of the most rare cars you'll ever see.

10. normantrack

normantrack Rookie

May 6, 2007
    OKC
    I have talked to "her" in the LP640 at the health food store by the carwash across from the CVS by Brookhaven square, very polite by the way. The 722 i haven't seen, but would love to. I have only seen the silver SLR that is around here for a couple of years now. Besides power, what else is different between the two. By the way anyone here going to the Italian Carfest in Dallas on Sept. 22nd. I have been 3 years now and it is classy and lots of nice cars, fun time every year.

11. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I thought that was probably ChuchD's car. I didn't actually see it, but wife said, "Hey look, there is a yellow Lamborghini."

12. chuckd

chuckd Karting

May 8, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    We still have the silver SLR, but it's in a garage at Mercedes OKC. Anyone here interested in buying it? It's for sale.

The 722 is much more refined, far better interior, and looks more agressive (lower, more angular). In a drag race from standstill to 130 Mph, the 722 wins by about 2 car lengths. It is definitely the beast of our collection, and can hold a full load from the grocery store as well!

Mostly, you'll catch us in the 722, the LP or G Spyder. Our 430 doesn't get out much since it's wedged in the garage pretty tight. It's tougher now that OU is back in session, much more crowded on the roads. But, one of them is out almost every day unless it's raining.

13. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    It appears the one indiviual is responsible for 90% of the exotics in OKla. :)

14. chuckd

chuckd Karting

May 8, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Nah, we're just the only ones who actually drive them!

15. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    That is so true!!!

Mrs. Chuckd is a very keen car enthusiast and I've personally met her while in the LP.

I hope all is going well, please drive the Ferrari so it doesn't feel left out, or I could give you my address and take care of it so it wouldn't feel so squeezed in the garage :)

16. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Saw two seperate Acura NSX's yesterday. Perhaps not considered exotic by some, but I had never seen one in person before.

White NSX in Bricktown
    Black NSX on I-35 near Main St (Norman) exit.

17. normantrack

normantrack Rookie

May 6, 2007
    OKC
    I love NSX's. A guy has a yellow one in Norman. I talked to him at a gas station when i had my S2000 and he was a pretty nice guy.

18. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I saw a TDF 360 headed west on Turner Turnpike on Friday night at about 7pm.

19. NewBee

NewBee Rookie

Jul 30, 2007
    Tulsa, OK

The 355 spider lives across the street from me in Wellington (South Tulsa) but I haven't seen many others around. I've got a yellow/black NSX with 18/19 HRE 545s. This is my 3rd NSX but I'm thinking about a Ferrari so joined the forum to get some more knowledge. Price range is around $50-70K so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

20. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    At that price range, I would think the best car would be a solid 328 or 348. If you could make the leap another 20k you are looking at a 355.

The important question is what do you like?

21. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    Black 599- lady driver at 41st & Sheridan Saturday- I'd love to get a close up look at that car

22. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    #22 mseals, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    Nice car Mike! The door skins are 355 also, along with the tail light treatment. Looks like some interior mods as well. Did you post pics in the 348 section? I've never seen another 348 like it.

24. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Thanks for the response Janzen.... to answer your questions, Yes, I posted the photos in the 348/355 section as well. I paid USD$17,500 for the car, and haven't yet decided whether or not to change everything back or leave it. Are you in T-town? When I get it back to the US, we'll have to have coffee... I'll be in Ponca City.

25. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    You paid $17,500? ..Just curious did you have this car checked. What's the story behind it? Somebody must have taken a beating after spending all that money on mods, and then selling it for that.