Mystery relay | FerrariChat

Mystery relay

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by lightning, Apr 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lightning

lightning Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2010
    Stockport
    Full Name:
    Martin Oliver
    #1 lightning, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Can anybody tell me what the relay on the left is for? It seems to have had the fuse removed, so whatever it did, it's not doing it now.

The car is a Mondial t Coupe and these relays are under the front hood, above the right hand front suspension (looking at the car from the front) next to the aircon receiver/dryer.
    There's an ECU module behind these relays and I'm guessing this is to do with the climate control.
    Everything seems to work on the car including the aircon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rauldejalapeno

rauldejalapeno Karting
    BANNED

Apr 21, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy Bush
    Lightning,

The relay in question is the ABS system protection relay (Italamec 454, pn 131785). The ECU behind it is the ABS ECU, as indicated by the "Ate" cast into the case. To my knowledge (and others please chime in here), that fuse holder remains empty. The other three contain one 3 amp and two 30 amp fuses.

3. maestro8

maestro8 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    If this is the same system as the one on my 88 3.2 with ABS, that "fuse holder" is not supposed to have a fuse installed. It is a test port.

I found this info. by looking at the wiring diagrams at http://ferrari.cdyn.com/ You might take a look at the diagrams and see if they match your system.