Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > Mondial

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

I have size thirteen feet and the first time I drove my Mondial I was wearing casual slip ons and didn't have an issue with the footwell however the next time I drove the car I had my sneakers on and really felt it was tight but after shifting around for a bit I was very comfortable. I think it is something you will get used to and won't even think about it after awhile.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Welcome to the NJ Mondial Club!

Local to you (northern Bergen County) 3.2 Cab owner here.

Once you get plates and out for driving a great car event to go to is the about bi-weekly, Cars and Coffee that recently moved from Chatham to Piscataway - look in the NY/NJ forum and you will see postings on it.
On service I use Steve at Arena Motors, who is now in a very cool facility, that happens to be in Newark, but also heard very good things about Vinny at Auto Elite, and if he knows the car that is probably your best bet.

My Boot cover was shrunk as well, I bought an aftermarket leather one from a vendor in Los Angeles that I found on Ebay, for less than $300. If I can dig up a link (it was 4 years ago) I'll post it.

Good Luck, and enjoy it!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jay Goodman
My Garage
Congratulations! Enjoy her in good health.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Dave W
Congrats!

The suspension ecu is under a panel underneath the passenger foot well. You might start with cleaning the connectors. To see if the shock actuators work you can have someone turn the key and listen near the top of each shock to see if the drives cycle to find their center on power-up. Here is the catch from the Ferrari Manual...do not leave the key on for more than 30 seconds without starting and don't turn the key more than three times without starting or you can damage the suspension computer...go figure.

Our driver's seatbelt ecu failed also and when we opened it up a line in the circuit board was burned through...a simple wire jumper fixed it so it's worth checking out. They are located near the floor behind the center console and you get to them by unscrewing the carpeted side panels. (Be sure it is actually broken first, our light stays on anytime the pax seat is empty and often when occupied because we normally do not use the mice..if a pax attaches the seatbelt to the fixed anchor before you start the mouse will not run and the light stays on. The only way to test it is to leave the shoulder strap attached to the mouse)

You might want to watch my daughter's and my video below before buying a new boot cover. In the movie Scent of a Woman and also in many car magazines you can see the boot is not properly fitted...closing the top properly so the boot will go on is not intuitive at first....

http://youtu.be/Mq_vyfBeMfo

Have fun,

Dave
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Howard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PV Dirk View Post
The trick is to drive it constantly
What he said..

Congrats!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebdave View Post
Here is the catch from the Ferrari Manual...do not leave the key on for more than 30 seconds without starting and don't turn the key more than three times without starting or you can damage the suspension computer...go figure.
I saw that too.

So my routine is to turn the key to "on", wait about 5 seconds for the shock light to go out (and allow the fuel pump to pressurize the system) and start the car. I then wait another 10-15 seconds for the ABS light to go out. Very easy.

Then it is time to go!!!

Regards,
Jerry
Old 04-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: David
Thanks again to everyone who has commented over the past few days. I actually had to go back to work on Wednesday so I was off the site for the rest of the week.
Davebdave: I had watched your video on youtube about the correct way to fold the top down. I watched it again last night and I realized I was doing it all wrong. When I followed your process exactly the top cover fit with no problem other than a couple of the lock down buttons are broken or missing. I will order them this week.

Soucorp: I guess I do have Ferraritis. A least there is a treatment

Lenvo65: I hope to make it to the cars and coffee next week. See you there!

Docmirror: The window switches are beginning to fail mechanically, not electrically. The rockers pivot points are worn out. I am going to replace them.

I drove the car today after getting the title and plates. There is a story to this too. I will open a new thread, now that the acquisition chapter of this story is past. I hope you will all read it.

I am going to call it "Living the Italian lifestyle".

DavidJ