RicambiAmerica -Hill Eng Racing Pedals | FerrariChat

RicambiAmerica -Hill Eng Racing Pedals

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by soucorp, May 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 soucorp, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow, today I was surprised to receive this set as a gift from Daniel at RicambiAmerica.Com. Daniel, thanks so much, you are a class act and a man of your word! These Hill Engineering Racing Pedals are of the highest quality!!!

I followed the easy instructions and the install took about 30 min, beautiful and very functional. Nice and tight and does not hurt your foot if you drive barefoot! Instructions: http://www.ricambiamerica.com/pages.php?cID=2&pID=4

See the full line here at Ricambi America.

Racing Pedals & Footrests
    http://www.ricambiamerica.com/index.php?cPath=600_533

If you thought about these, this spring/summer is the time, these feel so much better than the rubber pedal pads. Here are some pics from today's install, a good wash, and my kids posing! I took Robin for a drive, wow, performing flawlessly. Its going to be a good week driving to work! :)

Enjoy!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    They look great!

One of the first mods I performed on my car.

So what if they deduct points at a concours, I like them!

Cheers

3. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #3 hank sound, May 19, 2012
  4. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #4 soucorp, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    Thanks Hank, the dead pedal/foot rest is my next order from Ricambi!
    cheers!

5. ace_pilot

ace_pilot Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    George
    I used epoxy glue, easy on and hopefully, easy off. No drilling necessary and it took overnight to stick. I didn't put too much on so I can take it off later.

Ace

6. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #6 soucorp, May 20, 2012
  7. davidgovett

davidgovett Karting

Apr 9, 2010
    On mine, I just used the wood type screws that came with my pedal kit. Just drilled the right sized tight holes and screwed the dead pedal in. Holds the carpet down real well too.

Dave

8. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #8 soucorp, May 25, 2012
    Ordered my foot rest/dead pedal from Ricambi America and got it today, thanks Daniel.
    Does not come with screws, so I got some at Lowes hardware. Will need to drill small holes to prep for the screw ins. The existing dead pedal on the car is supported by a hallow frame underneath so its okay to drill thru it without going thru the floor board. If you don't want any damages, epoxy glue could work, but to be consistent, I will screw it in like the rest. Looks sweet!

9. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #9 Valenzo, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Got all my Ricambi pedals too, big thanks to my favorite Jack Russel. I can't wait to see them on. Now to decide between my beige mats or go black with yellow shield.

Yours looks great Mike with your steering wheel. Really classy.

Edit: I wonder where your screws went? Mine were taped to the underneath.

10. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    woh, where is my gift? This is discrimination at its core. Shall I continue my business with Daniel? In case you are reading, Daniel, all three of my cars have the drilled pedals already so if you want to send a gift ... an oil filter wrench is a possibility.

11. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    His generosity inspired me to buy mine from him. Nice touch.

12. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for the kind words. BTW, I still need to drill my holes tomorrow, that's why you didn't see the screws in yet.

13. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey Ted,

My vote would be to offset your tan carpet and shiny aluminum pedals with black mats/yellow shields. I plan of having Fernando do some new Rachel mats - same as before but in black. I think the contrast will be stunning (IMHO).

Cheers, Hank

14. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Mike, You have achieved a proper level of "bling", without a hint of over-the-top. Your footwell is a happy footwell. And pushing the pedals will be even more fun than ever. Trust me, I know :):):)

Cheers, Hank

15. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    #15 davebdave, May 25, 2012
    The black mats sound nice. I started replacing our carpet with a caffe-late color but I have bagged it and will eventually go black. Do you guys remember this time capsule Mondial t? I saved the photos for inspiration and I will now share them with you. Try not to stare. :)

Dave

16. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi D, T & G, - - old friends on my 4000th post :)

Actually, I see the black carpets of your inspirational car, working well with tan mats - just as I also see it in reverse. For me, the "anchor" is in the interior's leather color. Ahh, the many choices.

Cheers, Hank

17. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Wow that is amazing!

18. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #18 soucorp, May 26, 2012
    That t is sweet! 216 miles wow, I love brand new cars -especially a stunning Ferrari!

But I would agree with you guys, the black mats/carpets give a nice contrast to the aluminum pedals. Not sure if I go all black on mats, maybe a nice outline of the Cavallino in red, yellow, or beige?

19. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #19 soucorp, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    ...btw, is that t an 89 or 90 model. Notice no running mice and knee protections, but its missing a glove box.
    This is a Euro/UK version, see the rear foglights in the bumper, also the speedo is only in kilos/hr.

20. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #20 soucorp, May 26, 2012
  21. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
  22. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    That red T interior with the 200 miles on it is exquisite. It makes me wonder if going with the Daytona seats is the right direction to go, for me. And it also makes me question having mats with a yellow shield is right, either. That interior is perfect. Thank you Dave for enlightening me. I to will reference back to those photos while perfecting my interior. Black mats are definately the way to go. Maybe an embroidered 'Mondial' in offset grey or tan

My carpets are tan but the sun has given them a bit of a greenish hue in some areas, after seeing this Red T, new black carpet throughout may be the way to go. Who do we know that does carpets?

Mike, your carpets confuse me, are they burgundy or are they black? I like the second mats better, they go well with your steering wheel. When you first stared posting, I questioned your judgement on the steering wheel with a with? But I believe youve proved me very wrong, it's a nice touch.

Hank, this forum is a much better place with those 4000 posts, congrats to us.
    I agree with you on the black mats, but seeing black carpets too, now that's classy... Just wondering what, if any, should be embroidered in the mats as an offset. As soon as I get my car back I can spend some more time with it, get to know it again and decide what works.

23. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Ted, my second mat set are the same color as my interior carpets, (dark brown).
    They look black in the photo, it was hard to get some light and my wife took my SLR camera, so had to use my iphone. I only wish they had the Cavallino on them, it would be perfect.

Hank, Congrats to you on your 4000th post! You are an inspiration and I want your car !
    Now I'm off to a C&C this morning... Enjoy the drive guys, its a beautiful day, always is in a Ferrari ;) !

24. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Mike

I have a question:

the bottom of the Hill accelerator pedal has a slight angle , in the Ricambi instructions the pedal is angled to the right

however when I dry fit my pedal and look at your picture it appears the Mondial is more straight up and down?

also there is about an inch of the top of accel pedal that is not covered?

Is that correct?

25. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #25 soucorp, Sep 30, 2014
    Wow, I haven't seen this for over 2 years... The acceleration pedal on my Mondial has a little bend to it but you are correct, the HE Pedal does not cover it like a glove. Because of the bend, I had to fit it at a lower angle rather than from the top so there is about a half inch showing on the top. Hard to see unless you bend down and look closely.

All in all, the set looks amazing when installed. I love mine and get alot of compliments.

Best,
    Mike