Scuderia Rampante Innovations fusebox upgrade installed | FerrariChat

Scuderia Rampante Innovations fusebox upgrade installed

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Wade, Apr 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #1 Wade, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Before test drive:

On initial startup, the engine jumped back to life, idled smoothly and throttle blips were effortless and without resistance/hesitation. I mean, the car ran great before but this is noticeably better.

During full system checkout; power windows work a bit faster (weren’t too bad to begin with) and the a/c blower seriously blows!

Test drive:

The engine runs so much smoother and with a lot more power/torque. 2nd gear pulls hard and fast like never before. This is the 3.2 Mondial I should have had from the beginning.

A huge difference in felt performance, especially low/mid-range torque!

This thread shows what my old board looked like: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/399856-revised-fuse-panel.html

Innovations - Scuderia Rampante

(photo below showing installation at 95% complete)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. russlv

russlv Karting

Feb 29, 2012
    las vegas, nv,
    Full Name:
    Russ Lorenzen
    Did you do the install yourself, and how much did the parts cost ?
    RussLasVegas

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yes, I did the installation and it was very easy. Mostly plug and play.

The cost is based on the condition of your fusebox; which needs to be sent, in its entirety, to SRI. My costs were less than the price of a new board (alone).

4. Brian420

Brian420 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2009
    Suburb of Detroit
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #4 Brian420, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    do it do it do it DO IT !!

Just got mine back a few weeks ago. Yours must have been the other one Dave said he had. My car has some other things to be done in anticipation of 'Palooza, but this was the start. It's about to be picked up by Cauley Ferrari to finish Dave's work and have it installed the right way. NOT THE BRIAN WAY, where it will never be right, and I'll be constantly cursed out by Joe at Cauley for attempting it when I don't have a clue, even though Dave sent instructions. I understand Dave at SRI and Joe are old acquaintences, so the work should be seamless and flawless. And, yes, there is a certain amount of base work involved with Dave, but there may be other things that add to the bill. It was still around half of what a new fuse box would have cost, closer to $4000.

See you in PA . . .

Regards,
    Brian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login