chrome exhaust tips for less than $20. | FerrariChat

chrome exhaust tips for less than $20.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by RAT, Aug 13, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RAT

RAT Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Before I begin I want to ask forgiveness from all the Ferrari purists. I have an 85 cabriolet. Every time I looked at the rear of the car's exhaust system, I thought is this the exhaust of a V8 Ferrari or the exhaust of a VW Beetle??? Since like most of you all my money goes for
    repairs; I didn't have much left over for cosmetics. I had an epiphany and went to Chief's here in CA. I bought four chrome exhaust tips for less than $20. It took approx. 30 min. to install all four. They were two & quarter OD. They fit so snug that I only used one screw on each one. The screw is on the bottom not visible from the side or to top. You Want to sell the original car? Presto! remove the four screws slide off the tips and you're back to the original exhaust. I received some great compliments from friends. It's not often that I spend a minimum amount of time, effort, money, and have such outstanding cool results! R.A Thomas aka RAT

2. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Hey RAT, whatever works is ok. Don't feel like you have to explain. Post some pics!

3. RAT

RAT Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Sorry no pics: however take a look at the thread "ZSBOW" I think that's the correct spelling
    the tips I put on my car look identical to his. RAT