Mondial love - a new trend??? | FerrariChat

Mondial love - a new trend???

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Jim Mc, Oct 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Mc

Jim Mc Rookie

Aug 18, 2011
    I participated in the 2013 Euro Auto Festival 2 weeks ago. Ferrari was the featured mark for the first time this year with 50+ F-Cars entered. Cars were grouped according to year and then model. It was a little suprising to find my 85 QV Cab Chiaro/Crema (and a Mondial-T) grouped with 400i,456, and 5 really nice BB512s but OK who cares. So when I placed third behind two of the BBs it was pretty sweet. Awards for each class were voted on by all of the Ferrari owners participating so I thought it was significant. Just wanted to share this recent story.

2. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Great story. Sounds like you must have an exceptionally nice car.

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    PHOTOS, PLEASE!!

4. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    Yes, let's see that beauty.

5. Jim Mc

Jim Mc Rookie

Aug 18, 2011
    #5 Jim Mc, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Beautiful! I too have that secret weapon. ;)

7. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Was this in MS? I was at that show a couple years but have since moved.

8. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I love the blue! Is the windshield surround a different shade of blue, or is that some sort of optical illusion?

9. Jim Mc

Jim Mc Rookie

Aug 18, 2011
    These aren't the best pictures of the car - just a couple I had at work. The blue actually looks different depending on the lighting.

The Euro Auto Festival mentioned is the annual show at the BMW factory in South Carolina and draws from several states - happens to be between Charlotte and Atlanta so strong club support. Site is @. Euro Auto Festival with photos from past shows. 2013 pics have not been posted yet.

10. Renato

Renato Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2013
    New York
    Your Mondi is beautiful, congrats!

11. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield

12. Jim Mc

Jim Mc Rookie

Aug 18, 2011
    Entered the 8th annual Motori Italiani car show in Charlotte, NC on April 5th. Pretty major event for italian cars. Over 40 Ferraris present. My Mondial was placed with GT4s, 308s/328s,458s and 355s. There were 328 Euro, 328 Berlinetta and a Euro 308 and other super nice "classic V-8s" over 20 total. Guess everyone was suprised to learn that I won this class with my '85 Mondial Cab. This was spectator voting but still significant.

13. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Car does look like a fabulous example.

14. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    That's a gorgeous example. If you ever want to sell it, let me know x

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

15. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #15 jgoodman, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    That black one in the far back, second row, is very pretty ;)

17. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Jay, that is a nice family picture. When I see this my heart feel some kind of pain. I allready miss the mondial. But I knew I would.

18. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    That blue was is amazing too:)

How can we get a print or this? I'd gladly pay big for a blown up copy for my garage wall

19. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    This has got me looking at Mondial classifieds :)

20. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I think that it was spectator voting makes it mean the most. Congratulations!

21. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Congratulations!

I have fond memories of Charlotte because [gulp] that is where I found my currently owned 1965 Corvair convertible back in 1979. [God I am getting old.] The Corvair was my Summer car for decades until I acquired the Mondial last June. I feel guilty to have neglected my old flame in favor of the younger Mondial over the last year. So this year I have decided to buy two separate untraceable cell phones and juggle the two.

22. TMan

TMan Formula Junior

May 13, 2006
    Colorful Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    NEW LOVE FOR THE MONDIAL?...not according to at least 2 of my latest car mags (rags?) where both were discussing the new California t; "Unlike the previous t, as in the Mondial t, this time the t doesn't stand for terrible" (paraphrasing). When the clueless are still spouting this kind of trash to the masses it is difficult to see "new love for the Mondial".

23. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    There is a 348 group on FaceHack and a post about how poor of a car the 348 is. Well it's a reference to some article, similar to the one you mention about the Mondial I suspect. Anyway one 348 owner, understandably annoyed posts "Surely the worst Ferrari was the Mondial". I know who's most annoying out of the journalist and the Ferrari owner and it is not the journalist.

24. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The 348 guys get beat up because of what the new head of Ferrari di Montezemolo said about the 348 after Enzo passed on.

I really don't care what others think. The Mondial is every bit of a V8 Ferrari as the 328, the 348 and its siblings, 355 and 360. And my Mondial has POWER STEERING (great feel) and ADJUSTABLE suspension. Pretty cutting edge back in 1989....Before bashing it, the car should be driven (especially by a 348 owner, who should know better!).

Regards,
    Jerry