Passed CA Smog Check! | FerrariChat

Passed CA Smog Check!

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by a17322a, Jan 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. a17322a

a17322a Rookie

Oct 28, 2012
    #1 a17322a, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all,
    I just wanted to thank everyone with the info this forum has provided. So I thought I'd share some of my experiences
    I acquired my mondial last year from Ebay.
    I changed the timing belts on my 85 mondial 3.0 Cab with 45,000 miles in late 2012
    The previous mostly kept it in storage for about 10 years and started the car periodically but he ran injection cleaner through the car before sales and did pass smog.
    Another issue was the car were showing symptons of a bad frequency relay and the car ran like crap, well this turned out to be a much bigger problem where my Jetronic ECU circuit board had tons of corrosion and had bad burn spots. Fortunately my brother found out a Mercedes has the same circuit board and he removed each resistor and all from the old ferrari circuit board to a used mercedes circuit board and ALL was well again after some tuning of the fuel mixture screw.

I live in northern California and the dreaded time came again for Smog/emission testing.
    At the time of smog:
    The motor oil was fairly old and gas was a few months old and I haven't started the car for about 2 months. Temperature was about 62 degree F.
    Car passed the smog check without a hiccup

Attached are the smog measurements for my car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Wow, your car produces clean air....

Those values are the lowest I have ever seen.

No CO2 produced at 15 mph... :)

Kai

3. mcnamee

mcnamee Rookie

Apr 13, 2014
    I just bought an 82 MONDIAL that has been sitting for 12 years...got it started
    and now replacing parts, radiator, alternator.....I will be getting a smog in about 3 months
    I hope.....your post said you are from No Cal...I live in Sacramento are you close? I would love to compare notes.
    John