1983 Mondial Coupe on e-Bay | FerrariChat

1983 Mondial Coupe on e-Bay

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jjmalez, Mar 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
  2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Joe ........ You know as well as anyone, many factors go into the pricing of a car. Most obvious to me, would be the "need to sell" factor.

The "market correct" number for this car, would be lower - - - if it were a less refined example. This car appears to be quite sorted, and therefore, should not be looked at as "the average".

Cheers, Hank

3. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    That could very well be market correct. It is a pretty car and supposedly well sorted out example of such for somebody who can live with red leather interior. If it checks out that everything works, and a careful inspection says there is nothing hidden, I can see where the right buyer and seller could agree with $25K for that car. I personally may think it a bit high, but not all that high if it checks.

The used Ferrari market has a large number of lookers and relatively fewer buyers and sellers at any given time so there is a wider than expected variance in market correct price than there may be some more commoditized items out there.

4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    non red is one thing but it's white.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The white/red is a classic color combo so maybe this one is appealing to a broader market?

As far as pricing, I see this car as more of an anomaly instead.

6. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Maybe an anomaly, but if the car is as good as it appears, I think it's a very fair price. No major restoration needed, and it's only original once, as they say.

You guys know how quickly you can go through 5 grand in maintenance on these things... looks like the new owner will be well ahead in the game.

Hopefully they show up here.

Charles (any color but red)

7. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Agreed!

And well bought at $25K even. With its recent full/engine-out service this car looks ready to go!

Congratulations to the new owner

ZFFMD14A0D0048619

8. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #8 hank sound, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    $25K for a "car" like that !! ?? !! If that Mondi had been the usual $19K, polished up piece of S---, can you imagine the number of folks who would be chasing that buy key??? Someone buys the cheap POS and they now own it. Best they call their "taxman", as regards how much is available, and how much it will it take to get Ms. Cheapo, to match the condition of our white 83 QV coupe !!

This is a car that dramatically reinforces the axiom, low dollar price isn't alway the best deal.
    The new owner did well. Drive her in the best of health.

Cheers all,

Hank

9. Vincent Vangool

Vincent Vangool Formula 3

Oct 6, 2007
    Zanskar, Kargil district, Ladakh, India
    Full Name:
    Vincent Vangool
    It seems like the market for 308's has been going up lately. Same with the 308GT4's.

Many 308 owners excited that after years of waiting it finally seems like it is on the rise.

I would have to guess that this would also translate into the Mondials starting to rise.

Personally I would pay for a cool color combo. But I guess that Red will always be what is in demand.

I like red. I just am not in the it has to be red camp.

I feel as cars become less analog and more digital that people will search out cars that give them a real driving experience.

Also 80's kids coming to age wanting to buy the cars of their youth.

10. fgcfire8

fgcfire8 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2008
    Montpelier Va
    Full Name:
    Frank Castelvecchi
    i would let go of my 82 for that

11. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    White with red interior is one of my favorite color combos.

12. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    25K for a well sorted Mondial QV seems high, but really isn't.
    If I translate it to my car - which I bought cheap - and add everything to come to the standard of the white one; I would pay more I'm sure.
    But I wanted a project and not a ready-to-go beautyqueen.

For the colorcombo: Red interior is my favorite; not so shure about the white...
    white is for vans and celebs. A grey metallic would or blue would be perfect. (for me) :)

13. Jarc-Landor

Jarc-Landor Rookie

Jun 27, 2012
    ISTANBUL / MIAMI
    It says will ship to Turkey. I wonder who bought it. It can be imported as a classic car. Its total cost will be around 60.000 $ with the taxes if the importer is Turkish Citizen.

I will post pictures if i see this car around Istanbul.

14. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  15. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    Don't know the story on this one but selling on ebay can be very frustrating. Lots of flakes and just pure dumb****s out there. I "sold" a TR6 last year to a guy from California. We talked on the phone several times and he sounded excited to get it. He wins the auction and I don't hear from him. I call him after a few days (using the phone number he gave me) and he claims his account was hacked! Did he not even have enough sense to know that I would recognize his voice?...lol

Oh well, hopefully someone will buy and appreciate this car.

16. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I'll second that. I did sell my car, only for the buyer to think it just gave him the right to barter once he arrived, on the auction price.
    "I've drove up from London, I need the money for the fuel home". Undelievable :(

17. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #17 Wade, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Relisted again!! Sold a few times already. What must be wrong with this car????

19. upnatum

upnatum Rookie

Mar 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Carl Helmetag
    It always gets bid exactly up to $25k. I'm thinking the bids are fake and that seller is just trying to set a floor.