Seatbelt Chime | FerrariChat

Seatbelt Chime

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mondial 1985, Apr 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mondial 1985

Mondial 1985 Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    Hey guys, my Mondial is an '85 Euro version (ZFFLC15B....) and I was just curious, since I have little or no information on the European models: did the Euro versions have "seat belt chimes"; were they required in Europe? The reason I'm asking is that my car had some cheap buzzer, which appears to have been added as an afterthought, and is definitely NOT factory. It's not factory wiring and I'm sure no one ever felt the need to repair a faulty seat belt warning system. I'm thinking it may've been added in order to comply with U.S. safety regulations. If they weren't required in Europe, that'd explain the crapy wiring and "aftermarket" buzzer. I think if it were a U.S. Mondial, it would use a chime (same one as used on Fiats).
    Thanks

2. Mondial 1985

Mondial 1985 Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    I may've answerd my own question. I don't think the Euro versions were required to have such safety devices as a seatbelt chime. It's obvious by the type of wire used and method of mounting that this "buzzer" was added later to my car.