MMT | FerrariChat

MMT

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MMT, Apr 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1 MMT, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    I have a Ferrari 1992 Mondial T coupe 3.4lt with semi clutch valeo system, ( no clutch pedal) at times it drives selecting all gears no problem at times it jolts and kicks and it grinds and would not engage 2nd or 4th gear, and at times it neutralise in 4th gear when selected ,it gives a big jolt when engaging reverse or 1st gear.
    The gear box oil has been recenltly changed and the clutch has been replaced.

Any GOOD advise is greatly appreciated.

Michael

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    How long have you had this valeo? A coupe is a rare one I guess.

Hanksound should chime he is the GREAT defender of the valeo here. ;-)

Please post pics of you car. And BTW you should have entitled your thread with Valeo to get more answers.

3. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Michael,
    I've had a Valeo convertible for over a year now with no problems whatsoever.
    Most of the owners (there aren't many) have stated the system is very reliable.
    It sounds like it may be an adjustment issue especially if you've had the clutch replaced recently.
    The shop will need the SD1 diagnostic machine to do the adjustment properly so ask that question ahead of time.
    Hank Sound can chime in as well since he is the other "Valeo" promoter for sure.
    Good luck.
    Cheers,
    Greg

4. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Hi Michael,

I have a 93 Valeo for a year and a half with no significant issues. A couple of times driving at full throttle, I have experienced the car briefly go into nuetral in 4th gear. I also know that I have a habit of keeping my hand on the gear shifter when driving my other manual car, so I think that by touching the gear lever, I un-intentionally put the car in nuetral for a brief moment.

Have you tried pulling over and turning the car off for a minute and restarting?

Lastly, how many miles are on your car and at what mileage was the clutch replaced?

5. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Alex,

The "hand (resting/pre positioned) on the gear shifter" is a total NO-NO. The Valeo sensors are extremely aware of everything you do. It knows your hand is on the shifter knob, and is asking: what do you want to do? I learned that one when I had my hand resting on the knob as I was accelerating in second and was intending to go to third. Valeo had already anticipated my intention - and when I started to move the lever to third, it was as if the tranny popped out of second !!! Without resting hand on lever, all shifts are totally normal.

Amazing system !!! :):)

Cheers, Hank

6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Welcome Michael. I like Valeos, but almost none in Europe. Hope you have it fixed soon

7. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Michael,

On the forward wall of the rear compartment behind the engine, is the Valeo brain. There's a relay there. Pull it and make sure the contacts are clean.

BTW, where are you? What is your SN #? Pictures ??????????

Cheers, Hank

8. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hello Everyone.
    As you have work out I'm new kid on the block. So I haven't quiet got my bearing around the site yet.
    I will try your recommandation,see how we go. Open for any suggestion.

Cheers
    Michael
    Australia

9. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi All
    It's been raining all week had no chance to test drive, we had a look at relay connection battery voltage (New Battery)580 cca powerful stuff, were I am checked around some the workshop no one has the computer SD1 for this vehicle next place 1.5hr drive. Just have to wait a sunny day
    Just a Big Thank you all for the valuable information
    Michael