Mondial T valeo | FerrariChat

Mondial T valeo

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MMT, Apr 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have a Ferrari 1992 Mondial T coupe 3.4lt with semi clutch valeo system, ( no clutch pedal) at times it drives selecting all gears no problem at times it jolts and kicks and it grinds and would not engage 2nd or 4th gear, and at times it neutralise in 4th gear when selected ,it gives a big jolt when engaging reverse or 1st gear.
    The gear box oil has been recenltly changed and the clutch has been replaced.

Further Info
    Gear oil replace Jan 2014
    FULL Service ,oil , filters, plugs, timing belts kit the works,Dec 2013.
    Clutch done 2009

Any GOOD advise is greatly appreciated.

Michael

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #2 hank sound, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Hi Michael,

First off, don't panic. All your mechanicals are just fine, The Velao system is the brain - all the rest, just follow directions. The brain and the actuator are built like King Kong !!! Once upon a time, I was attempting to enter one of our Los Angeles freeways. All of a sudden, that big square red light comes on - and I can't shift gears to save my life. Lucky enough, I had enough momentum to be able to get to the side of the onramp.

I called my "Ferrari Tech God" ......... He instructed me to turn battery off (round green switch) - - open the back boot - - pull the carpet/liner that is mounted on most forward wall separating it from the engine compartment...... see the black box brain - - see the relay alongside. Pull relay and clean contacts (check fuse too). Now, if this doesn't make a difference, go to the main fuse box up front, and pull the like numbered relay (headlight up and down) - and substitute it for the original relay in the back. OK - done. :)

I turned the battery back on .... turned the ignition ... and drove back onto the freeway. Total cost to replace the relay was less than $20.00 :):)

These cars are amazing !!! You'll be fine.

Cheers, Hank