Lowering Mondial T | FerrariChat

Lowering Mondial T

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by mondo848, Jul 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mondo848

mondo848 Rookie

Jan 20, 2014
    CT
    Full Name:
    Ray Lewis
    Has anyone any experience using the adjustable spring collars on a Mondial T? I've been able to loosen the locking ring using a spanner but the when turning the spring adjusting collar the whole coil spring wants to turn also. Looks as if the (rubber?) spring seat is sticking to the spring causing the whole assembly to want to turn. Tried using some silicone spray lube to maybe unstick that to no avail. Really don't want to take out the whole shock/spring assembly.

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Ray,

Have you looked under your "t" lately???? :) Don't let those wheel arches fool you - your car is pretty damn low already.

But, whatever. Good luck :):)

Hank

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Avoid all dips and speed bumps...

4. 365boxer

365boxer Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    La Drova, Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick
    It took a little Italian man a long time to set the car up to make it drive just right, why do we al want to change that !

5. raf456

raf456 Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Freiburghouse
    I agree with Hank - the Ts dry stump engine sits very close to the ground. I am running 355 wheels and the rear tires are 35s giving about 4 or 5 inches of clearance.