Mondial T 1992 | FerrariChat

Mondial T 1992

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MMT, Jul 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hello All,
    Orange light came on top of the dash with picture side of car with arrow point up under the wheels , as I tried the search net but no good, any clue.
    Many Thanks
    Michael

2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Suspension issue, I have the same on mine, but I like the way it drives so I never did anything about it.

3. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #3 soucorp, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #4 hank sound, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    Hi Michael,

Sometimes, but not very often, when I would start Rachel, the suspension light would remain on. I believe that the concept of "rebooting", is not limited to just our home computers. When that light would stay on, I would just shut Rachel down - - then I would restart her (reboot) ......... voila!!! --- no more lights.

If after doing the computer style reboot a number of times, your issue has not been removed, I guess you'll have to go to a higher Fchat authority.

Cheers,

Hank

5. TMan

TMan Formula Junior

May 13, 2006
    Colorful Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That light is for your shocks and should light for a quick second and then extinguish when starting the car. This tells you that the your adjustable shocks are working properly and they can be toggled among soft, medium, or hard settings while driving. When the light stays on it means they are not "setting" themselves properly when you start your car and now you can no longer toggle to the different settings. When this happens the car is "supposed to" default to the medium setting. No big deal if you never use the switch. HOWEVER, sometimes all 4 shocks may not default to the medium setting and now you can have 3 shocks on medium and one shock on soft or hard or some combination thereof. That is a problem so it's probably a good idea to get that checked out.

I use my switch a lot so it would be a big deal to me but for you, maybe not.

Also sometimes they just get stuck on one day and work fine the next. If the light goes out then you should be OK. You can actually feel the shocks setting themselves on start up...open the hood the put your hand on top of one of the red caps of the rear shock and have someone else turn the key to the on position. If all is working well you can feel them adjusting back and forth.

6. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    On a beautiful sunny day, I took the car out for drive and the light went off
    So let's hope it fixed it self up, thank you once again for everyone's input.
    Michael

7. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    Also, if one turns key more than 3 times without moving car for 60 seconds, then faults will be deemed to have been detected. See the end of the Suspensions section in the Workshop Manual. I found this out when I was working on lights, etc., and turning on and off with the key without moving the car.