Effect of 360 rims on a Mondial T? | FerrariChat

Effect of 360 rims on a Mondial T?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ceb39, Jul 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Does anyone have any experience with 360 rims on a Mondial T? Not looking for how to get them on, but more of what the driving experience or problems were once they were on.

The front rims are 8" wide and the rear rims are 10" wide. Running Bridgestone Protenza SO2 tires.

Thanks

ceb39

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    #2 DavidJ, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My car came with both the original rims and 360 "Starfish " rims. The 360 rims came with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires.
    They do a lot for the car visually as well as performance wise.
    The Michelins are a lot of tire for this car. The LSD makes a bit of noise on tight turns, not a problem according to my mechanic, and no problems for 2+ years and 7000 miles of driving.
    There was some machining done on the inside rear rim hubs to make the tires clear the fenders when the suspension compresses.

Feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss this further.

DavidJ
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I have an 85 QV with 360 modular rims.check my profile for photo.My opinion they are the best looking Ferrari wheels for the mondial.Just my opinion.remember any 360 rim needs a longer wheel bolt! Good luck