I need a bigger garage and an easier top | FerrariChat

I need a bigger garage and an easier top

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by srephwed, Jul 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    #1 srephwed, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just wanted to share our newest addition.2000 BMW Z3 Roadster.Looks good next to my Ferrari and my wife loves it.Drove 900 mile round trip to Niagara for our 40th anniversary this weekend.Would have taken the Mondial but putting the top up is a b*!ch.Is it just me or am I doing something wrong? Original latches were not adjustable which made it impossible for one person to put the top up.got new adjustable latches but it is still a b*!ch.Thanks for any suggestions
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    ...once you have mastered it. Don't get disheartened.

Search the Mondial section for "tops". There are a bunch of threads and videos on the folding and unfolding technique. A few times doing it correctly and you will be an expert.

Try this one and also look for DavebDave and his video on folding technique which includes the adjustable latches and how to set them. There is also a thread on how to set the tension of the top itself, somewhere.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/425648-cant-get-top-all-way-down-back-87-mon.html

Nice stable by the way.

PM me if you need more assistance.

DavidJ

3. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #3 soucorp, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    CONGRATS Fred, you have a classic collection of cars!
    But like Chief Brody said, 'You're gonna need a bigger boat' to house all your toys matey.
    BTW, here is my 2000 Z3, they are great cars, I sold it to my dad.

Cheers