Green console light | FerrariChat

Green console light

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ScottS, Jul 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    New cab t just arrived. Getting to know her. Quick drive from unloading. Green light on console. On? Car off. Help.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    [​IMG]

This.

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I don't think there should be one there, that's just below the dummy switch, could it be aftermarket?

4. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #4 soucorp, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S

Yes. Will this drain the battery?

6. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #6 hank sound, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    I would just get rid of all that stuff. No lights in my Rachel, glow blue/green. :):)

I believe that an alarm for a Honda (or whatever) makes sense. I can't see that approach, working for our Fcars. Anyway, car thieves have ways of rendering our "alarm expenditure", a total waste of money. I would guess that it's how secure your home and garage are, that would be of most concern.

Cheers, Hank

7. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #7 soucorp, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    It will drain some power but no more than a normal operating car alarm would if it is an alarm.
    If you do not want to remove it, I would take a battery measure with a volt meter every day to see how much volts you are losing. Readings under 12v will need to be charged or get new battery. Normal usage is 3-4 weeks of sitting will need a trickle charger.

Battery readings:
    12v + for a standing battery is good. Using my volt meter, I get:
    ignition off, car battery measures: 12.67 dc
    ignition on, engine running - good idle = 13.73 -13.75

Hopefully its not too bad and you dont need to do anything at this time.
    Best

8. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Don't forget that back in the 80's and early 90's, the car alarm was the thing to do for you car, whatever it was, and even dealers were in on it. That was more trendy than anything else I can remember.
    Of all the 80's and 90's Ferraris I've owned, probably 90% had all that aftermarket crap installed.

9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Yes. It is a remnant of an alarm allegedly not draining battery. Thank you all for the responses.

Taking this car back to its glory will be work.

Scott

10. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Battery Drain

I bought a $35 10 amp multimeter at Radio Shack and turned off the battery. Then mounted aligator clips to the probes (small ones from off the rack are just right to just stick probes into them) and clipped one to each of the battery switch terminals while turned off. I got 0.08 amp as the draw.

That will not kill a battery any time soon, but I too am still hunting down the last of an ancient alarm system in my 86 QV. Incicentally, you CAN take the battery out from the top if you remove the trunk shroud right behind the battery and pull the washer tank reservoir up and away from its spring mounts. In that way you can easily remove and clean all the cables.

Getting the shroud out was easy only needed to remove the washer tank. It simply pulled up and out of a couple of spring clips. But getting the small trunk baffle back in was not easy. I removed the horn compressor which is the soda can sized item on the fender. Horsed it all back in though.

All this is for an '86 QV

Anyway, happy motoring!

In my 1985 QV