Drove a 599 | FerrariChat

Drove a 599

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Sweet928, Aug 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    Got a ride and then got to drive a 599 this week. Friend of mine got one. WOW TONS of torque. Sounds amazing.

2. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    I drove a 458, fast and noisy but I way prefer the old stuff. :)

3. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    I agree. I like the older stuff, but wow what a beast. Plus was surprised at how drivable it was in general. Felt more like my Mercedes then my own (older) Ferrari...until you nailed it. Then a beast was unleashed. FUN!

4. Dizengoff

Dizengoff Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2011
    Chicago
    I like that Islero you have. Or had. Please tell me you didn't get rid of it.

I have purposefully stayed away from many things in this world for fear that I will find them so amazing that I'll become obsessed. The 599 is one of those things.

5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    My favorite of the modern Ferrari's.
    The only only other place that I visit on FChat.
    Someday I hope to have one.

6. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    For me my ultimate 'normal' Ferrari would be an original 308 with a 355 engine on tubi pipes!
    Really pretty car but with roadcar F1 soundtrack. That or a 288GTO which I love the look of.........Actually I'll just take a 288GTO on megaphones!! ;-)

7. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Where's the Like button. Actually, I'd go 575M. Our friend and brother George has a perfect example sitting right next to his perfect Mondial.

8. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #8 MvT, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I like to much guys :) but in general I like the old stuff as well! Ferrari bb512, first generation Testarossa, 250GTO, however my ultimate would be a Ferrari 225 S Tuboscocca

599 in red is for me a no go. Wrap it in yellow then I am sold. I like the 456 as well, but yet again in yellow only and then only the 2000 model and onwards, because of the old stylish grill. However I find it a pity that the newer one doesn't have the air intakes on the hood anymore. I think that will be my second F :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login