Help with my Italy Tour QV problem: Brake light switch burned out | FerrariChat

Help with my Italy Tour QV problem: Brake light switch burned out

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Journiacois, Sep 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Journiacois

Journiacois Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    Well gang, my tour is going great...However!! Today when I returned to our hotel, the brake light warning light was on. We checked the bulbs of course and all are ok as is the fuse to make the rear lights work. When we looked down at the break light switch on the front panel near the master cylinder in the front boot, it appears that the break light switch has fused. There is evidence that one of the two leads coming out of the switch itself has melted. This was tracked down with the mechanic traveling as part of our tour

Can anyone help with the part number or if there is a corresponding part from some other make? Is there anywhere in Europe that I can have this switch sent overnight? I will be near a Ferrari garage in Bari tomorrow, but I doubt they have a switch for an 85 Mondial on hand.

Any ideas definitely would be appreciated.

Other than that the car is running great and we are having a wonderful time heading down into southeastern Italy. But not stop lights is a clear problem.

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #2 soucorp, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Try giving these chaps in the UK a ring:
    http://www.superformance.co.uk/mondial/brakes.html

Superformance UK Ltd
    T. +44 (0)1992 445 300
    T. +44 (0)1992 468 365
    F. +44 (0)1992 441 866

Best
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Go to Fiat dealership. Or any other brand should be also ok.
    These things are the same for every car: when brake pedal is depressed: contact comes loose and brake light burn.

If you can't find a de ent replacement: attach 2 wires to the contacts and give it to your copilot: let het make/break contact when you brake. That way she/he has something meaningfull to do.

No high tech switch. ;)

Or wait until saturday, and I will be in Lucca (Tuscan region) and I'll bring a Lancia Fulvia one....