my v-8 is a 4 cylinder now | FerrariChat

my v-8 is a 4 cylinder now

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by srephwed, Sep 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    went out for a nice ride and just like the wire was cut I lost the front half of the engine.crank sensors replaced recently,ohm checked both coils,disconnected rear ignition module and car still ran.took connector from front module and plugged on rear no run.took connector from rear module and plugged on front module,disconnected coil wire to rear cyl bank and car ran on 4.looks like I am in the market for an ignition module or would I be better of installing an aftermarket system and selling my good module? thanks for any help

2. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    just started some research.my car is a euro.part number118451 marked med 803 supersedes to number 118961 marked med 805.ferr parts has one and they ask about a core.is there a place to repair these modules? kind of concerned that the superseded part might argue with the old one.thanks again

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  5. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  6. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    For the price of a digiplex I would go with the Forza XDI kit. Much better timing curves, smooth power delivery, and more cost effective to maintain.

7. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Would going for a non standard system put off future buyers?
    I know it's probably superior but being as these cars are reaching classic status I would have thought original was best. :)

8. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    Depends on the buyer. I look at it like the exhaust mods many do. Obviously the concours buyer would be put off but the person looking for a driver would appreciate it. Keep the original componants to go with the car when you sell it.

9. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    found a used module on ebay today.that will keep me going till winter sets in.i do believe I am going to go with the xdi conversion.my car is nice but no museum piece.durability and cost are my biggest concern.i believe when I remove the working modules, distributors and wires I will recuperate most of the expense.the whole kit is 50 dollars less than two reman modules.thanks to all

10. jlc308

jlc308 Karting

Jul 11, 2009
    Irvine CA
    Sorry for the late response. I just noticed this and yes there is a guy in Phoenix Arizona that does excellent work on repairing Digiplexs. He repaired mine and runs like new. His name is Roger Meyers and email is [email protected] and price is very reasonable.

Joe