If I were in the market for $30k F-Car | FerrariChat

If I were in the market for $30k F-Car

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by soucorp, Sep 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 soucorp, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was surprised to see what I can get if I were a U.S. buyer at $30k and looking for a Ferrari today. I know in Europe, these cars go for alot more money. I comb the pages of Cars.com and Autotrader and left eBay out. There are tons forsale on Craigslist as well but too many to list. Lots of Mondials for sure but did notice the QV cars are creeping up in prices and there was even a 348 for this price. I'm not saying these are the best examples of each model and they do not need tons of money to get them right, but merely a sampling of whats out there in the market. To be fair, there were plenty of nice Mondials and 348s in the upper 30ks and 40ks as well. Interesting....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    there was a 86 red/ tan Mondial sale in Vegas at auction for...$24k. 27,000 miles with a fresh major.

3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Mike, agree with you 100%. Over here in Portugal, it's difficult to find a decent Mondial under a 30.000€ pricetag. In (southern) Europe as a general rule (with the exception of Italy perhaps), Mondials are considerably more expensive than in north America. Mondial prices over there are incredibly low, from an European point of view it seems you're giving them away!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

4. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Some of these have high miles, but yes I know a high mile car could be in better shape than something that has low miles and has been sitting most of its life.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, Mondials in Europe seem to be much...much...more expensive - we're certainly lucky to have them at approachable prices....as far as how long this will last...who knows? The Mondial is the exotic world's best kept secret...

6. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    So, where is that at? :) Sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Coupe or Cabrio?

Thanks!

2cam

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  8. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    If you're after a keeper, there's a salvage title 355 for around $35k on ebay. Looks nice. I don't think you'll get more car for the money than that.

I would like a nice Mondial t, though. Tough to get the whole family in a 355.

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I was hoping to get into a 3x8 but unless we are in a bubble I'm out at these price levels. Mondial's are still a great value I bet they will be rising soon also.

10. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Rob,

Not sure why but Hawaii seems to be having the fire sales:

1980 308 GTB
    Ferrari 308 GTB | eBay

1994 Ferrari 348
    1994 Ferrari 348 , $33,588 - Cars.com

11. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That's a damn cheap price for a 348 Mike! Generally the later ones get a bit of a premium over the earlier 348's. I inquired about one for sale recently but had no luck getting in touch with the dealer selling it and it is sold now. I have yet to drive a 348 but want to check one out and see how it feels for me.

12. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Too bad the 400i is such an ugly car...