I'm gonna figure this out if it's the last thing I do | FerrariChat

I'm gonna figure this out if it's the last thing I do

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by srephwed, Oct 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Of the many issues I have had with my mondial I have been able to sometimes be very good and solve them quickly. Sometimes be very lucky and solve them quickly. Then there are times like this when I am neither lucky nor good. With my headlight stalk in the up position I turn handle and park lights come on and headlights pop up but are not on. Lower the stalk one position and the headlights go down and are illuminated low beam. Then one more click down and they are high beam and still in the lowered position. Being the hillbilly I am to get by till now I have raised the lights then unplugged the wiring so they stay up. Kind of a pain but it gets me home. This has to be a simple problem but it is driving me crazy. I have tried switching relays around. One relay makes the headlight go up and down and up and down. Seems like it needs to be a normally on relay instead of normally off or something of the sort. Thanks for any ideas in this matter.

2. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    How did this problem occur, has it been this way since you bought it or did it start by itself? Has the problem been intermittent before it started?

3. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    In the Mondial t, there are 3 relays for the headlamp motors. One for left, one for right, and a third relay (on the same fuse/relay board). I suspect you may have a problem with this third relay, assuming your Mondial electricals are the same as on the Mondial t. I had a problem with this third relay. Replacing it corrected weird behaviour such as yours.

4. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
  5. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    thanks mike for the link to my problem. jumped in with both feet tonight,checked relays,checked fuses,still same result. my head hurts now so I will quit before I start throwing things and saying nasty words. with more time and patience I think the link will solve my troubles.I'll keep you posted