Video of Mondial at Ferrari 60th Anniversary | FerrariChat

Video of Mondial at Ferrari 60th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by paulchua, Oct 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for publishing the video Paul. That Mondial T definitely hold its own among the million dollar classics next to it. Stunning car to grab up now before the prices sky rockets like its brothers... enough said ;)

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3 paulchua, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Well said Mike! It was awesome to know that the Mondial was one of 60 cars that was chosen in the long history of Ferrari as deserving of special recognition.

I think your comments about price appreciation is well said - of course current Ferrari prices are crazy at the moment - I think this is a reflection of how well the high end market is doing as a whole.

With 308s and 328s - going up steadily in prices - the most interesting thing to me is to see the 308GT4s starting to make a comeback. The Mondial and 400s are next in line. I think it will be interesting to see how they do in the next 5 years.

Even if they don't go up in price in the next 5 years....no worries - I have no plans on selling, and it just means 'cheaper' parts for me!

One thing I have little doubt on is given just a little bit more time, say 10-15 years (2024-2030) from now the Mondial will surprise many people on its value...which is neat in a way - because when you buy say a brand new 458, FF, or even F12 - expect steady depreciation for the next 10-15 years.....that's one thing I LOVE about this car. It is what it is - it's buying something that will most likely never go down in value (and if so, not dramatically) - but its upside potential is tremendous! (See the much criticized "Fake" Ferrari Dinos V6s one decade back from the Mondial...)

4. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Hi all, yes I was at the show, this one little row-section was all movie or TV cars. The white TR from Miami Vice, the red 308-328 from Magnum PI, not sure on the others, and yes on the Mondial-Scent Of A Women.