Pebble Beach / Monterey 2015 | FerrariChat

Pebble Beach / Monterey 2015

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Dino2400, Oct 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Dear Mondial Friends,

After seeing all pictures from the event we are making plans to visit the Pebble Beach concours and off-course the different events towards Pebble.

I've also heard of the FCA event after Pebble so maybe this is also possible to attend for oversees visitors?

I'm looking for tips , tricks and more to plan our visit. Maybe there will even be some other Mondial owners participating?

Look forward to your replies (PM also welcome)!

Many Thanks in advance,

Maarten

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I believe you can sign up for the event like anyone else if you are a member of the FOC in your country. I guess in the Netherlands it is called FCN.

I would inquire here to be sure.

Ferrari Club of America: Contact Us

3. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thank you for your reply , will send them an e-mail.

4. TheMac

TheMac Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2009
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Jon Mac
    Hi Maarten,

I am planning to be at Pebble in 2015. I am planning to bring my '88 Mondial. Please look for me, I'll be the red Cabrio with Alberta plates. Feel free to PM me, we can exchange contact info to meet up if you like.

There are a lot of events, starting from Tuesday, August 11th to Thursday, August 20th. I've attended a few years before, but I'm not a hardcore Pebble Beach guy. I usually go to Concorso, the Historics at Laguna Seca, and Pebble on Sunday. I usually skip the auctions, which are some people's favourite part of the whole affair.

I don't know if I have a lot of tips... other than to book accommodations early. Hotels are expensive and fill up quickly. A couple of years I waited too long to book and ended up staying a lot farther out from the events than was really convenient. I highly recommend considering renting a house or condo rather than doing the hotel thing. If you book early enough, the price of some dwellings can be quite competitive with hotel rooms and have the added benefit of additional amenities.

Like you, I hope several more Mondial owners attend. It should be a blast.

5. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Hi Jon,

Thank you for your reply!
    Meanwhile we have booked accommodations so that part is covered.

The events you mention will also be the events we will probably visit.
    Main manufacturer on Concorso Italiano will be Ferrari!
    Hope to see a lot of important Ferrari's in action at Laguna Seca.

I will look for your Mondial, please post a picture so i can look for it!
    Always nice to catch up with members of the Mondi-community.

When i have more details i will post them here or sent you an PM.
    I would like to see more Mondial owners @Pebble next year.

Maarten

6. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Within a few weeks we will be celebrating all things Ferrari during the Monterey car week.
    We will be visiting the Concorso Italiano, Pebble Concours and the FCA Concours among some other events. So far only Jon responded but i look forward to meet some other Mondial-owners :)

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Marteen,

Welcome! We have a Saturday morning drive with about 20+ Ferrari every other Saturday...when will you be in the bay area? I can send you the details...

Cheers

8. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Hi Paul,

Have send you an PM...
    Unfortunately i'm from Europe so i will only be in the Bay area for the Monterey Car Week :)

Regards,
    Maarten

9. TheMac

TheMac Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2009
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Jon Mac
    Monterey weekend is a mere week away! I hit the road tomorrow in the Mondial, and I'll take about four days to get there, taking it easy and doing some sight-seeing. Car is all ready, fluids are good, tire pressures are good, full tank, just packing up tonight. Hope to see as many of the Mondial crew as possible down there!

10. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    Sounds like great seat time. Enjoy.
    I'll be rolling through the area occasionally during the next couple weeks. Had to cancel my daily plans due to a work project.

11. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I got unbelievably lucky and got all tickets to every event. Price. Don't ask. I happy, no very happy. Even got a Quail ticket. Rented an ocean front house in Los Gatos. Liv'n high. Place to stay was easy. Sign up for, 'AIRBNB'. My first time. Home run😄

12. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    Bringing a car with you or taking one back?

13. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Be there 13-16th. Concorso and races are my favorites. And watching exodus from Quail near Carmel Mission Inn. Fortunately my Dad lives in Carmel. He gripes about the noise and traffic this week but he did very much like a Pagani we saw. (-*