Couple of drips | FerrariChat

Couple of drips

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Simon Millar, Oct 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon Millar

Simon Millar Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    Poole, England
    Full Name:
    Buzz Boy
    Hi, my Mondial T has been sitting in my garage for a few weeks and I noticed this morning two small drips of clean, light gold oil (not engine oil) underneath the little grille bolted to the underside of the clutch housing - each about the size of a penny - any ideas if gearbox oil or clutch fluid please? Is this a known leak and if so, does it need fixing or just living with please?

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #2 soucorp, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    The drips will get worst, sounds like your (CSC)clutch slave cylinder is starting to leak.
    Check the brake fluid resevior to see if its low, they share the same brake fluid.
    You can get the CSC rebuild or install a new one.

Best

3. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    yes, very well known issue. The 348 section has much more information about that.

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I had two leaks - oil hose (brown of course) and power steering (green) fluid - both fixed by replacing the hoses - not sure about gold liquid though - sounds like PV Dirk and SOUCORP are right though! Get it checked out!

5. Simon Millar

Simon Millar Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    Poole, England
    Full Name:
    Buzz Boy
    Is the clutch slave somehow integral with the throw bearing on the T?

I am thinking my drips may come from the sealsaround the throw bearing or the 'triple seals' does that sound right?

There isnt a clutch slave as such that can be replaced on the T?