spare tire | FerrariChat

spare tire

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 77bora, Oct 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 77bora

77bora Rookie

Jul 25, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    does anyone have a solution fora spare tire for a mondial t? Needs to fit ABS hub. thanks!

2. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Ferrari supplied flat fix in a can for the T. Why carry the extra weight of a spare and a jack?

3. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi,

I've been lucky for the last ten years to not have an outing in my Rachel, ruined by a flat. But, so as not to push that luck, I decided to scoop up a "front" (narrower) convex wheel, and not have to give it a thought any more.

BTW, either metric 390 or 16 inch wheel will work. Just be sure to use the front only as the lid won't close with rubber mounted on the larger rear size wheel. Then again, one could keep the tire deflated until needed - just let AAA power pump it up for you.

True, it does put a few more pounds weight up front, but I believe the trade off is worth it.
    There's no podium here on the streets of Los Angeles.

Happy Halloween,

Hank

4. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Hi Hank, I will see you at the car show Sunday at Woodley park. Looking forward to meeting Rachel. Howie.

5. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Unless one truly needs a replacement tire [like out of cell range or whatever] I rely on just one word whenever I had T problems: AAA.

6. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Me too, Rik. But since they probably aren't carrying a spare for my T, I don't want Rachel to end up on their flatbed, thereby altering my planned outing.

Happy Halloween,

Hank

7. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hank,
    Speaking of tires, did you ever find a source for those great looking tread Goodyear tires?
    I believe they have stopped making them right?
    Cheers,
    Greg

8. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #8 hank sound, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    Hi Greg,

Yep - - unfortunately, these F1 GS-D3 beauties are out of production - (tears from my eyes are obvious). :) I've searched all over, in the hope that some may have been hidden in some dark corner of a Goodyear warehouse. I've since given up.

That's OK though, because life never stops being dynamic. We'll find another really cool (newest) tire to dress our rides with.

Cheers,

Hank

9. 77bora

77bora Rookie

Jul 25, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    guys thanks for your responses. yes this past week as we drove from DC to WV along the potomac river, i had a front passenger side blow out. first time ever! Inside, tire wall was shredded. I did call AAA, they came and flat bedded it back to mu buddy's shop, but it was still a drag. I had to be a passenger for the entire ride back.

Hank, where did you fond you front, spare convex (for ABS) wheel? I also understand that there may be a more common 'vette wheel that also works. Best to all