Seeking Windage Tray / Pan for QV | FerrariChat

Seeking Windage Tray / Pan for QV

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by itswhatido, Nov 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itswhatido

itswhatido Rookie

Feb 20, 2013
    East Texas
    Full Name:
    itswhatido
    #1 itswhatido, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    Trying to locate a windage tray for my 83 Mondial QV engine. Currently engaged in an engine out repair and very much would like to install the windage tray during this process. If anyone has one or could point me in the right direction to source one, I would appreciate it.

Also need the rubber hose from air filter box to main intake pipe. I can order this, but maybe some of you may have one around. You know how these projects go, prepare a budget, throw that away, make a list that starts with "make a new list".

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Are you talking about PN 103929? Ferrari calls it a Shield?

What happened to yours?

3. itswhatido

itswhatido Rookie

Feb 20, 2013
    East Texas
    Full Name:
    itswhatido
    The windage tray nomenclature I used seems incorrect. "Oil baffle" is the better term. I was searching for the wrong thing here on the forum.

I did find this when I searched for "Oil Baffle":
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/308-328/168199-308-oil-sump-baffle.html

As you read through the "308 Oil Sump Baffle" thread you will see a number of hard driving 308 owners have had an experience similar to mine with Oil Pressure Red Warning Light On during extended righthand turns.

The Oil Sump Baffle they recommend is available in 2014 through Superperformance UK.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I just made mine. Much simpler and seems to work quite well.

5. itswhatido

itswhatido Rookie

Feb 20, 2013
    East Texas
    Full Name:
    itswhatido
    I had thought about that. Your success is encouraging. Mostly right angle bends. Have some aluminum laying around here somewhere...