Few weeks.. End of year and last drive | FerrariChat

Few weeks.. End of year and last drive

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MvT, Nov 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #1 MvT, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Chaps,

Winter is knocking on the door again here and I have been busy in my daily job like every year around this time. It didn't keep me from taking probably the final ride of this year. We have this TAX thing introduced by the IRS that you are not allowed to be on the public road for the months December, Januari and Februari with your oldtimer since you do not pay road tax for old cars. If you still like to drive you will need to pay the full tax which is about 1.500usd a year. Yes, we are good in taxing people and car owners her in NL, but I guess we have the finest roads in Europe if I may say.

I still want to go to Bartzagato and visit the Moneytron Mondials if possible in the next 3 weeks to come. Together we also like to give moral support to Jurgen still. Time flies when having fun :) Not sure if it fits, especially as she peed coolant from the new waterpomp's shaft after my last trip.

@Wade, I didn't forget about the fog lights. It's still to post :)

We taxied a fchat friend to a TVR garage to pickup his repaired TVR. And we think Ferrari is pricy in maintenace... a TVR.. well.. you just need deeper pockets! After that we went for a morning drive ending with a nice lunch. The lunch was even more nice after having ordered our coffee. The sound of a Whatsapp message! Somebody will join us still for coffee. 20min later.. a very nice sound. An F40 :D I find it always wonderful when people just drive these iconic cars and not store it.

No lady grey in the vid. Merely the top of her nose and an eyeflash of one of her pods. The yellow 328 is driven by a very fast lady ;) Lots of driving fun and a video to enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDQQITYmmkM]2014 - Last drive November - YouTube[/ame]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #2 Wade, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great post! And love the video.

I'm just starting the driving season here (no oppressive summer heat).

Last weekend I joined that folks at Ferrari Maserati of Central Florida for their BBQ and an F-40 stopped by as well. Wow, it was mint too. I hadn't heard one driven in awhile and it's surprising how quiet the exhaust was.

3. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Thx Wade!

Not if it carries a Tubi! ;) It so much fun how much attention this car is attracting even without the keys in the ignition. It's a pity that I needed to go after lunch. I sure wanted to have it on my video. I guess there will be a next time. They are such beauties!

There is such a nice story behind this F40. The previous owner lives in Rome (Italy) who was also the 1st owner could not drive it during day time. The busy road and traffic jams, let alone find a parking spot, prevented it from being taken out during day time. Instead.. he drove it only at night when the roads were clear.. ...and the police.. they knew! ;) This F40 had only seen night time until arrived in NL.

In respect to that they took a photoshoot. I guess you already would know the scene.. at night:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/holland-belgium/455979-ferrari-f40-photoshoot.html

4. Antwan

Antwan Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Manchester UK
    Ace vid MvT. It looked like a lovely day for it too!