Source for rh window pulleys and cable | FerrariChat

Source for rh window pulleys and cable

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Journiacois, Nov 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Journiacois

Journiacois Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    I've read the threads about replacing the pulleys and cables and going to Home Depot to buy the pulleys in the sliding door section. However, I'm in Europe.

Does anyone know where I can get a complete kit/set that can be shipped? The problem is not the motor but the worn pulley/cable system on my 85 QV. I've contacted Performance in England but they do not have these parts.

Thanks

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You didn't give any detail information of what you need and what car you have.
    How do you expect to get any helpful comments? i.e. coupe or cabrio 85 QV?

If its coupe, then you are talking about the front door window regulators?
    If your car is a cabrio, then is it the rear seat quarter windows that need either a new motor or regulator? What do you mean Home Depot to buy a pulley and what is a sliding door section?

3. Journiacois

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    Sorry Soucorp. I thought I had posted a reply clarifying what I need, but see somehow it got gobbled up in the internet.

I do have a coupe. And as far as the parts, I thought saying pulley and cable replacement for the window lifting mechanism was what I need.

I found a thread back from 2009 where a fellow replaced the pulleys and cable. He took photos and showed pretty much step by step. The motor was fine which is the same with me. He found a replacement for the pulleys by going to Home Depot in the sliding door section and use a 2" in. pully normally used for sliding screen doors. He said it worked and fit fine.

I was hoping though, that there was a complete replacement kit with everything in it (except the motor) to solve my stuck window problem.

4. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #4 soucorp, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    No worries, I follow you now.
    I found the thread you are referring to: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/technical-q-sponsored-algar-ferrari/148600-how-window-crank-works-doesnt.html

Sounds like you are trying to rebuild your existing unit or find a new replacement. Try Ebay is all I can say to help you as these are not something that comes up all the time for sale. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ferrari+mondial+door+regulator&_from=R40%7CR40%7CR40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xferrari+door+regulator&_nkw=ferrari+door+regulator&_sacat=0

Best,

Mike

5. Journiacois

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    Thanks Mike. Yes the right hand window is immobile, thankfully up. Maurice (my mechanic) had tried cleaning it (without removing it) last summer and it did work better for a while but now is unable to be raised. Maurice contacted a friend he knows in the UK who works on our cars and the guy said that you can order one for about 1000 euros from Maronello, "but you'll never get it". So he says you have to take it all apart and rebuild it, cleaning all the gears and metal frame bits and replacing things like pulleys and cables.

I did see one on ebay uk but it was for the left hand window of a rhd car, dont know if that matters but I assume it does so not for me. As I recall it was somewhere around $500.

So it looks like I have to go for the total cleaning routine and see what happens. At least we wont need it as long as its winter...and the sun roof continues to open. Next spring, hopefully, we'll figure out the AC problem. One or the other has to work for summer.

My Dante has been in the shop now for almost two months as we tried to find a solution for this and some of the other nagging problems I found on my trip to Italy in September. I've said let's forget the window for now so I'm finally going to be able to drive it again. I pick it up on Thursday. We have a day trip planned with some of our classic car friends to central france on Saturday.

Thanks again Mike, for your time and advice. And by the way, I really enjoy all the threads and questions you have started. It keeps us all engaged.

Regards,
    Gerald

6. Journiacois

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    Mike,
    I just clicked on the link you sent and see that there is one at Agar for 575. The pulley is in the center of a frame that bolts to the door frame. A bit further up on the list is a single pulley itself for sale for $50. That's why the one from Home Depot was such a bargain. And also if it can be rebuilt with new cables, it would be a big saving but I dont underestimate the amount of work involved, especially with restringing the cable. G.

7. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    Hello. I am new to Fchat. I recently bought a 1982 Mondial 8 with 54,000 miles on it. The car starts right up idles fine runs down the road great but it seems to run rough I seem to hear maybe a small misfire or I'm not sure it seems to run rough when you turn the key off the car backfires through the tail pipes does anyone know why it does this is it a easy fix? Maybe new caps plugs wires? Please help

1982 Mondial 8 black/red

8. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    One additional note I found interesting on my Mondi is that when I replaced the alternator it had a large impact on the operation of the rear windows as they moved up/down much better afterwards.
    It appears they are very sensitive to the amperage of the system.
    Cheers,
    Greg