Dear Santa: Passenger Side Steering Knuckle Needed | FerrariChat

Dear Santa: Passenger Side Steering Knuckle Needed

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by TampaTMM, Dec 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TampaTMM

TampaTMM Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Terrance Maloney
    OK, so took receipt of a Mondi on Thanksgiving Day. Shipper didn't strap the car into the trailer correctly and busted the tab that connects the tie rod to the steering knuckle clean off. We had to hand walk the car out of the trailer very carefully and then back onto a flat bed. Especially embarrassing given we created a traffic jam, blocking a few hungry people from getting to their dinner dates. The car is now at Ferrari of Tampa, great guys. However, apparently a replacement part is not easy to come by for a 1991 Mondial T. This is for the passenger side and on an ABS car. Anyone have any ideas on where to source a part? Apparently Ricambi does not have any stock, nor any of the other typical US sources. Help is appreciated as I have 50 feet behind the wheel (in reverse) since I took receipt of the car. My kids are getting anxious to actually drive her going forward at speed. Santa, please help a dad, with a family Ferrari, make his kids happy riding around in our new Christmas Sleigh.

2. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    FerrParts in California is parting out a "T"

888-383-8444

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #3 Wade, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This one, correct? 130056 - Stub axle, right

If so then, as they may have told you, it's for the Mondial 3.2 and the 1988 328 as well. So that gives you some latitude regarding parts cars.

Ferrari 328 (1988) Parts : Table 43 - FRONT SUSPENSION - SHOCK ABSORBER AND BRAKE DISC (STARTING FROM CAR NO. 76626)

Also, it appears that Eurospares (UK) has a used on in stock ($245.45)

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/searchResult_one.asp?S=130056&TM=1&TMo=666&TA=1&TB=39117
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Call them first! it is not the first time one orders and they don't have it. I have this with 50% of what I like to order with them..

Ultimately if they would not have it. These guys have it (look on Part#) and their site is always up to date. btw if Maranello Classic Parts would not have an item it will be very difficult to get unless someone parts a body... When I order with them I always have it the next day. USA a bit longer I guess.

https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/PagesExternal/Search.aspx

5. TampaTMM

TampaTMM Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Terrance Maloney
    Yes, 130056 is the part. However, 1989 cars came with ABS and with this there is an additional tab for the sensor. The dealer has already received a unit and because it was for a non ABS car it will not work.

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That sounds odd but is good to know if correct. All of the sources that I looked at showed the same part numbers for the group that I offered.

Towards the end of their lines, the Mondial 3.2 and 328 both were available with ABS.

Would it be possible to photo-document the differences?

7. TampaTMM

TampaTMM Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Terrance Maloney
    I have asked the dealer for photos and will post when I get them. Part has been ordered and should be here next week. Fingers crossed!

8. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
    get ahold of Claudio, Eurospares.....they should have this for you....great guys, quick receipt of merchandise...

9. TampaTMM

TampaTMM Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Terrance Maloney
    Well, finally got the car back from Ferrari of Tampa the day after Christmas. They have been great! Piled the three kids in at the dealer and took them on a joy ride back to the house. I have to say that had a bit of anxiety at first. After all this my first F-Car and I did not know how best to handle the car never mind all of the people staring at us. I have 50 miles on the car now tooling around the local area, taking the kids to daycare, I even went to the grocery to pick up a bag of food for the dog. The car is great to drive and very versatile to use. I will say that in the short time I have had it I have learned that she likes to be warmed up and until she is, a little double clutching action helps with the shifting. Other then that, the car is a flawless specimen and work of art. I am looking forward to many years of enjoyment.

10. TampaTMM

TampaTMM Rookie

Aug 9, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Terrance Maloney
    When I picked the car up, the Service Advisor I was working with was out for the Holiday. I will check back to see if he did take the pictures I asked for. When replacing the part, they did find that the ABS sensor wire was stretched. The interesting thing is that it was throwing a fault from the left rear wheel in their computer, but the faulty wire was the right front. This was part was replaced, the car was aligned and now everything works as designed.

11. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Enjoy your car....glad to hear she is up and running...