A/C belt cross-ref NAPA | FerrariChat

A/C belt cross-ref NAPA

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by bigeasy, Dec 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    I was sent a A/C copressor belt NAPA belt # 9341for a 84 QV Cab. with a Sanden compressor, Anyone know if this is indeed the correct belt? Didn't have one on when I purchased the car so nothing to compare it to, looks to be toooo wide.

Thanks,

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I did a quick look at the Rock Auto website and they list at least three different belts, all are priced at almost $75.

With that, I'd call or contact Daniel at Ricambi to make sure that you get the correct one, definitely worth a few dollars more ($88, or less $40) for his service.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/2663.html

BTW, regarding your compressor and it's pulley, are they both OEM to your car (model/year/etc.)? As you know, there are differences which is important upfront.

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#9371 is almost 2mm too wide, and I think about 50mm too long.

4. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    Thanks for the response Daniel, the belt does appear to be the correct length, but the pulleys are 7/16 and the belt is 1/2 wide. My application is the three belt system. what belt number do you show for the 84 QV can't image the belt being any shorter in length.

Thanks.

5. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    The Ferrari belts are small and light to resist resonance and distortion at high rpm. I have learned from hard experience to be cautious about parts that work but do not hold up on hard use.

Specifically, Alpha hydraulic clutch master and slave cylinders work fine but I am convince they induced some sort of destructive hydraulic resonance at 7,000 rmp and 90F and destroyed everything in the system. Both cylindars AND the clutch plate at one fell swoop.

Auxilliary belts have less destructive potential. And if they are actual cross reference items I woud be less concerned. I replaced the starter with a NAPA unit that was actually listed as a Ferrari part. It works fine.