New Boot Cover | FerrariChat

New Boot Cover

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by uberlink, Jan 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    I'm thinking of ordering one of these leather boot covers from ebay. Anyone had luck with these?

Ferrari Mondial Boot COVER1984 94 New Leather Black | eBay

I did search the forum, but most of the posts on boot covers are pretty old, and I cannot seem to find the vendors referenced in those.

If people have other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Mark,
    I bought a new leather boot cover from "Josephina Custom Tops, Inc" they were on ebay but cant find them now. At the time, my tan leather boot was $400 with shipping in 2011.
    But, it looks like the same material and cut. Only thing is it doesn't come with theTenax snaps in place, you will need to punch a small hole in the boot and screw the 2 pieces together (a set of Tenax fasteners should be supplied with order).
    It is quality material and freshens your car nicely but be sure to keep your old boot as original equipment as part of the car.

Best

3. Mondi88

Mondi88 Karting

Aug 4, 2014
    South West, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi Mark - there's a few very positive comments re Rich and Famous (your eBay link) in this thread

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/465823-mondial-convertable-top-replacement-costs.html

4. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    I bought my boot cover about 6 years ago from Rich and Famous - very happy with the quality and match to my existing upholstery. 1986 3.2 Cab here

5. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    #5 DavidJ, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    +1
    I got mine 2 years ago. Perfect fit. Love it.
    We spoke on the phone and they sent me a color chip photo which I matched visually to my rear seats.
    You need to install the Tenax clips. They supply new ones as part of the price. I used a leather punch to make the holes in the leather.
    It was lined with a soft synthetic fabric and had foam sandwiched in-between the liner and the leather.
    It was $400 plus shipping.
    I think they have raised their prices pretty significantly since then however.

DavidJ
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    What did you guys use to punch the holes for the tenax fasteners? I have a leather punch for belts, but the holes seem too small. Do the holes need to be big enough for the threaded part to go through?

7. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #7 soucorp, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    I used scissors. Mark the spot, fold it abit, cut a small diamond shape right in the center <X> just big enough that the tennax screw can go thru.
    The Tennez screw is a 2 piece, top is female I believe and the bottom piece screws into the top screw and there you have it. Simple 5 - 10 minute job!

8. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I got a hand leather punch, like a giant pair of pliers. I used the largest size and punched 3 overlapping holes in a triangle layout. Perfect.

DavidJ

9. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    DavidJ, I wound up doing the same thing. It looks great and with the car seats in, we are all set for summer.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Awesome.
    Lookin' good, have fun!

DavidJ

11. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Those are some serious car seats - well done!
    Cheers,
    Greg

12. Mondi88

Mondi88 Karting

Aug 4, 2014
    South West, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Finally took the plunge and ordered both from Rich & Famous. I was assured their hood is of exactly the same quality as other retailers who appear to charge double the price. There's some discussion ongoing around the right colour match for the boot and they are mailing me some samples. The price was $600 each with a very reasonable (given it's coming across the pond) $80 shipping for both in one shipment. They've been very helpful with the purchase.

If anyone has ordered a boot for their "crema" interior, I'd be interested to know what code they used with Rich & Famous to match. But the purpose of this post was merely to share a thumbs up for these guys on price and service.